Most out of touch parent story

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Mar 6, 2016
That’s the same reason I stopped playing. Both of my girls play competitive sports (softball and soccer). It got to be too much and I did not want to miss the games on the weekend. You know how much work it is to maintain a low index. I miss it but I would miss seeing them play more.

I got into photography to give me something to do and incorporate into the girls stuff.

c8a1a13a20fb4175794f75e5dc63eb6a.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Great photo! That ball was hit so hard it "let loose from its caboose!" 😜

Nov 26, 2010
Michigan
Had a grandma tell me her gdd pitched and was clocked at 95 MPH. She interrupted a conversation a friend of mine started with me by simply asking how my Dds season was

Then she told me the local
Community College offered her a scholarship. I couldn’t help myself and told her that at 95 mph every single team in D1 top 10 would be at her games. Not the local CC

We had played all the teams in the area this girl lived. No one pitched over 55.

May 21, 2018
After one tournament that I absolutely could not find a way to hit her, her dad sent me an email that basically said that it was her goal to hit in college and that by not hitting her in one tournament I had “sealed her fate” as a college hitter.

Wow, you must have a lot of sway in the college game. I'll have to remember to be extra nice to you.

Dec 11, 2010
I know!!! I‘m kind of a big deal, maybe you’ve heard of me, lol

I also couldn’t shake the thought that if I got this kid hurt as she awkwardly ran to first and tried to beat the inevitable throw, she would miss a heck of an opportunity to play in college.

I absolutely could not live with myself if I did that. And keep in mind it was the summer of COVID, we really weren’t traveling far at all and we were not seeing the best competition like we should have been. I love to win but big picture the games we were playing were not the end of the journey.

This kid could be kind of difficult but I really liked her. If her dad wasn’t around, she was a player you would always want on your team.

Last edited:
Jun 8, 2016
I wanted to add “But it won’t happen because D1 outfielders will throw your dd out at first from left field because SHE CAN‘T RUN.”
Yeah this is why I could never coach since that would have probably been the first thing out of my mouth after "you have no idea what you are talking about..."

Jun 20, 2015
the funniest part is at D1 level, most pitchers don't hit anyway to lower risk of injury on bases or at plate.

And if she doesn't have a good change up and couple other good pitches, she's not d1. I don't care if she throws 79MPH, they'll catch the speed.

May 21, 2018
Yeah this is why I could never coach since that would have probably been the first thing out of my mouth after "you have no idea what you are talking about..."
You should say that........... and then wing your hat at him. :LOL:

I'd actually pay to see something like that.

Jun 20, 2015
@Lance Steckler I bet she is throwing it now! College coaches aren’t going to put up with that and I bet pitching in scrimmages was an eye opener for her.

The bad part is after a pitcher left that school last year I heard rumors of the pitching coach doing things that sound like Pitching Drill Horror Stories from the DFP pitching forum.

And now you know why they may have had to settle for this late commit, potential headache player.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sarahjackson13