Ideas and tips for tournament weekend energy food

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jul 23, 2023
Curious is anyone has any good tips for a good, healthy, energy eating plan for tournament weekends, starting with the drive to, in between games and any longer breaks? I think healthy food options for athletes are often overlooked, and a lot of the options in and around venues are fast food/fried options, which in my opinion, drain energy.

Apr 25, 2019
Curious is anyone has any good tips for a good, healthy, energy eating plan for tournament weekends, starting with the drive to, in between games and any longer breaks? I think healthy food options for athletes are often overlooked, and a lot of the options in and around venues are fast food/fried options, which in my opinion, drain energy.

My DD will do a good balanced breakfast from whatever hotel we are at. If the breakfast sucks, then we will try to hit up a chick fil a on the way in. Throughout the day it's mostly fruits of all kinds. My daughter also makes her own protein balls which are basically a peanut butter, oatmeal ball with other things like chocolate chips or dried fruit in them. She stays away from the fried concessions. They drag her down.

Aug 9, 2021
Agree that nutrition is important and often overlooked. We try to pack our own snacks in a cooler with food DD likes...meat, cheese, pickles etc. Eat at local, non-chain restaurants for lunch or dinner. Hotel breakfast varies, but try to get whole eggs/omelettes and avoid cereals, waffles, pancakes, etc.

I will indulge in a ball park hot dog every now and then. ;)

Jan 20, 2023
We usually start the day with eggs (at home usually an evol breakfast burrito from Costco). Then bring turkey sandwiches and some fruit and veggies and some crap - cause you have to have some fun. One mom on our team makes the best banana bread and brings it every weekend. The girls love it!

If we’re going deeper than planned we usually try and run out and grab subs (always ask the coaches if they need a sub when you’re doing this - often they don’t have time to run out).

I’d love to hear other options.

Jul 23, 2023
My DD will do a good balanced breakfast from whatever hotel we are at. If the breakfast sucks, then we will try to hit up a chick fil a on the way in. Throughout the day it's mostly fruits of all kinds. My daughter also makes her own protein balls which are basically a peanut butter, oatmeal ball with other things like chocolate chips or dried fruit in them. She stays away from the fried concessions. They drag her down.

Interested in how she makes the peanut butter protein ball?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IBSoftballDad619