Most out of touch parent story

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Aug 19, 2015
Atlanta, GA
How about the coach that blames the catcher for that last Homerun?

DD (catcher) got screamed at by our former HC when the ball was hit to the fence and the outfielder had trouble finding it and couldn't throw all the way to home in time to get the runner on third out. According to him, she should have been screaming, "Four, four, four." Um, Barry Bonds would have had trouble making that throw from left field in time, but Okey-Dokey. That's when we knew it was way past time to leave that team.

Jun 20, 2015
coach sounds screwed up. WTH does screaming 4, have to do with LF not locating the ball and not having a portable howitzer to throw all the way home in time???

May 4, 2016
Yup, quite the opposite in this house. For DD it's all about the academics and best college she can get into. If she's lucky enough to play ball awesome but she's not going to base what college she goes to on who (if any) offer her a scholarship or just a spot on a team. She loves softball but knows it's not going to pay her bills after 21, her education will.

Absolutely academics first. Softball is just a way to make it into some of the more select academic schools.

May 29, 2019
How about the coach that blames the catcher for that last Homerun?
We played on a team where the "Coach/Mom" always blamed her kid getting lit up because:
Catcher #1 needed glasses. She couldn't read the signals and was always calling the wrong pitches.
Catcher #2 was deliberately changing the signs they were sending in so her kid would get hit.

And she also said that "The defense just don't play as well for my 'Sally' as they do for 'Suzie'.
"Our hitters just don't want to hit when my 'Sally' pitches, but they hit great for 'Suzie'

I'm not making this up (except for their names). She said all of the above.

May 29, 2019
DD (catcher) got screamed at by our former HC when the ball was hit to the fence and the outfielder had trouble finding it and couldn't throw all the way to home in time to get the runner on third out. According to him, she should have been screaming, "Four, four, four." Um, Barry Bonds would have had trouble making that throw from left field in time, but Okey-Dokey. That's when we knew it was way past time to leave that team.
We had a coach (same team as my reply above, but a baseball dad instead of the bucket mom) that I'm pretty sure honestly thought that outfielders should be able to throw out tagging runners from the deep outfield, like in baseball.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
winters3478