Ghost models - please explain!

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Aug 6, 2021
Can anyone elaborate on the 3 types of Ghost models for a non experience Ghost parent? LOL!
My daughter (15U, high school) has been a DeMarini girl for the most part. She has performed well with the -10 CF and we certainly appreciate the durability of DeMarini. She was never much interested in Ghosts but has been swinging a teammate's Ghost Double Barrell this winter and likes it much more than she expected. I think she liked that it still felt balanced but was a bit heavier than the CF. Don't know if we will end up buying a Ghost, but definitely interested.
So what's the difference between the models? I know the Unlimited is a one piece and much more stiff, so more specifically what's the difference between the Double Barrell and the Advanced, in a -10? And if we do buy one - what/where is the best price? Not opposed to an older year for a lower price!

Thanks for any advice!

Sep 19, 2018
We have a couple of dealers here @CoreSoftball20 @LEsoftballdad.

The bats have different knobs. The weighting is slightly different. I believe my dd says the advanced gives a little less feedback but I am not sure. I believe the rest is marketing BS.
Of the 12 girls on our team, 9 swing ghosts and it is split 5 to 4 for the DB. Your dd would need to swing both to know for sure which she preferred. If you want to suprise her, you can just get her the ADV and she will be THRILLED and never think or question if the regular ghost is better for her.

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
pretty easy breakdown for you

Advanced - Thats your top line multipiece Ghost
Unlimited - one piece
Regular Dual - standard multipiece Ghost

There are differences on the Ghosts. Your Adv has a bit bigger barrel and will swing a bit lighter. Will also be less stiff than the
dual.
Unlimited- well, pretty easy...thats your 1 piece Ghost
Regular dual - this is going to be a bit heavier feel and bit stiffer than the Adv.

Unlike what lots of people think...every Ghost is double barrel construction

The ADV does sell much more than the regular Dual. Think its more of a bat that fits more style hitters

If anybody needs a 2024 ADV at usual Core low prices, hit me up and I can put you on the list to ship when they arrive.
And remember, I own an authorized store, so never an issue.

Last edited:
Aug 6, 2021

Unlimited - one piece

There are differences on the Ghosts. Your Adv has a bit bigger barrel and will swing a bit lighter. Will also be less stiff than the
dual.
Regular dual - this is going to be a bit heavier feel and bit stiffer than the Adv.

The ADV does sell much more than the regular Dual. Think its more of a bat that fits more style hitters
Thank you, this is very helpful.
I'll text you.

LEsoftballdad

DFP Vendor
Jun 29, 2021
NY
You already answered your question regarding the Unlimited.

The other two have different barrel compositions and grips. They have slightly different feels, but it's a matter of preference for the hitter. Previous year models of the Ghosts were significantly over sticker weight, but they seem to have gotten that under control with the current models. Coming from a CF would be a different feel, as that has always had the most balanced, lightest swing on the market. If a CF was listed at 32-22, it was 22 ounces. Some Ghosts were as much as 1.5 ounces overweight, so be mindful when picking one out for her.

I suggest trying both of them to see which she likes better. It doesn't matter what anyone else says here. It's a matter of feel and personal choice. My daughters both hated the Advanced; one liked the DB Ghost, and the other returned to her LXT. If you ask me why, I do not have any answer for you.

The new Advanced comes out soon, and the DB is readily available. Feel free to contact me for pricing.

Oct 17, 2023

Unlimited - one piece

dual.

If anybody needs a 2024 ADV at usual Core low prices, hit me up and I can put you on the list to ship when they arrive.
And remember, I own an authorized store, so never an issue.
Core, do you see the Adv being a hotter bat or having a bigger sweet spot than the DB?

I have a 10U DD and her used Prism is starting to wear out. Have tossed around the Prism+, Ghost Adv, Mantra+, old CF, Meta or one of the Echo -10s. She is a pretty strong girl so weight is not much of an issue but if we step over a 29" her mechanics get crazy so that takes the PWR Crbn out of the equation.

Last edited:

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
Core, do you see the Adv being a hotter bat or having a bigger sweet spot than the DB?

I have a 10U DD and her used Prism is starting to wear out. Have tossed around the Prism+, Ghost Adv, Mantra+, old CF, Meta or one of the Echo -10s. She is a pretty strong girl so weight is not much of an issue but if we step over a 29" her mechanics get crazy so that takes the PWR Crbn out of the equation.
The ADV has a bit bigger barrel...I think it kinda "fits" more players than the regular dual. The dual will be a bit heavier over sticker and
a bit stiffer. The dual has its steady following of players but the ADV def has a bigger base.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kbeagles