Megan 1-Tee

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 17, 2009
Portland, OR
IM ... I'll follow-up this evening or sometime shortly there after. The forward-press action is a good thing ... it helps lead to a healthy swing ... it is a simply and effective way to promote getting the sequence off to a good start.

Jun 17, 2009
Portland, OR
17emgn.gif

May 21, 2010
Davenport, IA
:) Guess Megan is not the only one that does this - thanks for the video. Hopefully will have time this weekend to go thru the previous posts information and see where it goes.

Jun 17, 2009
Portland, OR
The above swing is sometimes referred to as a "power slap". It can help some hitters enhance their overall sequence and increase their segmentation. While compressed in terms of the back-swing (negative move), the amount of segmentation a hitter obtains can provide reasonable power output.

Greenmonsters

Wannabe Duck Boat Owner
Feb 21, 2009
New England
The above swing is sometimes referred to as a "power slap". It can help some hitters enhance their overall sequence and increase their segmentation. While compressed in terms of the back-swing (negative move), the amount of segmentation a hitter obtains can provide reasonable power output.

Power slap??? Compressed negative move??? Are we looking at the same clip? Just an alternative style to help with timing and loading is what I see.

Jun 17, 2009
Portland, OR
GM ... a "Power Slap" is the name given by the color commentators for the swing the lady took in the GIF above. The mechanic builds into it a form of forward press in which the rear leg is resisting early in the negative move.

Greenmonsters

Wannabe Duck Boat Owner
Feb 21, 2009
New England
GM ... a "Power Slap" is the name given by the color commentators for the swing the lady took in the GIF above. The mechanic builds into it a form of forward press in which the rear leg is resisting early in the negative move.

At least half of the insights the commentators have to offer are complete horse****. How does this move introduce a forward press?

Aug 1, 2008
ohio
Power slap??? Compressed negative move??? Are we looking at the same clip? Just an alternative style to help with timing and loading is what I see.

Looks like an upper body swing to me. Ball came off bat like a wounded duck....:)
Allot of upper body arm movement turns into upper body swings most of the time, that is why I dont like pointing the bat to the pitcher....JMO

SL

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sunny 321commission