Manipulating the Barrel Early with Hands

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Aug 20, 2017
I ask because it feels weird to me to think to manipulate the barrel with my hands during a live swing. I understand doing drills to make it muscle memory and no thought when swinging. I like to be able to feel the things I’m gonna teach

Oct 13, 2014
South Cali
Since I work with college girls now and again I’m a college hitting instructor? Lol. No college has employed me to do so.. SO NO IM NOT A COLLEGE HITTING COACH.

The difference being said establishment hasn’t empowered me with their program to be said service person. BIG DIFFERENCE !!!

Clout and responsibility. Something your idol never had or doesn’t know the meaning of.

Last edited:
Mar 22, 2016
Southern California
Oct 13, 2014
South Cali
I ask because it feels weird to me to think to manipulate the barrel with my hands during a live swing. I understand doing drills to make it muscle memory and no thought when swinging. I like to be able to feel the things I’m gonna teach

I will bite. But I most likely will regret. Manipulate how? What video are you referring to?

rdbass

It wasn't me.
Jun 5, 2010
Not here.
I ask because it feels weird to me to think to manipulate the barrel with my hands during a live swing
Again, you 'manipulate' the handle with the hands/forearms....Which EFFECTS the barrel.
Think about only hitting the ball.

Oct 13, 2014
South Cali
OP,

The barrel/hands must be maneuvered above the ball as well as the barrel behind the hands all the way until the barrel is released into contact. Any other maneuvering is inefficient.

Or.............. down to with the knob to the ball. Either cue works. 😌

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MooreAH06