Early bat speed - does it exist?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jul 29, 2013
I was thinking the other day (That could be dangerous ;)), when we say a pro doesn't talk about doing something such as torquing the barrel or feeling or performing certain body movements. That's probably because that's all they do, and they've been doing since 5yrs old. As a pro for hours multiple days out of the week. It's no different than walking, do we really feel all the muscles contracting and what not? No. So then what do we do as observers? We say that is just naturally happening, they aren't actuall torquing the bat etc. Well maybe they actually are, its just that a pro no longer feels themselves having to perform it any longer because its as we say second nature.
Try doing everything you normally do to swing a bat but do it with a pronounced split grip (separate the hands 3 or 4 inches) See how it feels.
Torque multiplier......leverage.

Jul 29, 2013
Then notice how the split grip promotes a deeper and path and natural core rotation. It also defeats any tendency for hands to the ball....at least in my experience.

TDS

Mar 11, 2010
Put it this way. It didn't/doesn't feel the same as the snap it sup drills but there is a definite feeling in the hands of doing something active other than just directing.

Well yea !!! They are doing all they can to not disconnect during the transfer of momentum.

Oct 2, 2017
Try doing everything you normally do to swing a bat but do it with a pronounced split grip (separate the hands 3 or 4 inches) See how it feels.
Torque multiplier......leverage.

I've seen some college girls do the split grip on deck and in between pitches trying to feel the torque or turn of the barrel. 🤷‍♂️

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kbeagles