Early bat speed - does it exist?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

fanboi22

on the journey
Nov 9, 2015
SE Wisconsin
I prefer to think what you described as:
1. Holding the bat from extending radially due to centripetal force applied as the torso turns
2. Allowing the rotational acceleration to extend the bat radially
3. Reducing the turning radius of the hands so the barrel accelerates rotationally
I like the concept of a sling swinging slowly around my head and then swinging it with a smaller hand movement to accelerate the rotation. The hand movements are both rotational but the faster one travels in a smaller circle. You might define the final movement as "whipping" the sling
Ok?
[/QUOTE]

Tyring to clean up my quotes for Pattar ;)

I had planned to question a couple points but at this point, it's not worth it. As another poster commented, multiple people can look at one video and see completely different things. Bat angels, feet, torso, night and day. So it's hard to get points across in an environment like that.

The only reason i started commenting and asking questions was because many of the things suggested on this board led my DD down the wrong path. Do this but but overbake. Do this but don't overcoach. People say spend time on the hitting forum for a long time, try things yourself, read, learn, etc. However, holy crap, it pulls you so many ways and because most comments were ambiguous at best, it was never very clear. I was trying to put what i thought was clarity on the things that confused the hell out of me.

Like the hitting hall of shame, there are a few in there that i now think are good. Just used in the correct way. I am not one to drill and drill and drill. Why can't it just be done the right way from the beginning. And the model swings, there isn't one that anyone would commit to would be their ideal swing, because it was a change up, or they were fooled, or it was cold out....

I dont claim to know anything, but spending so much time on the site learning pitching, i was hoping to get the hitting down as well. A long tough road, but i think my DD will be in a better place. And i think it was more due to failing miserably at everything on this hitting forum, vs gleaning anything helpful.

Don't get me wrong, it's fun being a keyboard jockey, but i am tired. And i know no one asked me to contribute, so that's my own burden. But, good luck to all. I hope everyone's DD's are super successful and that they have fun doing it.

I'm heading back to the pitching forum. later.

Oct 2, 2017
instead of the personal attacks, how about you post some evidence of what you think to be true.

I don't need to show video, You already posted the videos LOL. I'm not the one leveraging personal attacks. This is the very reason why I have really considered just not posting on these forums any longer including my DD. To many ego's. Granted I didn't have to in the first place, but have because it was a few fellow Dads that helped me in the beginning. I was just passing along the information given to me and trying to help other fellow dads concerning what has worked for my DD.

Oct 13, 2014
South Cali
I don't need to show video, You already posted the videos LOL. I'm not the one leveraging personal attacks. This is the very reason why I have really considered just not posting on here any longer including my DD. Granted I didn't have to in the first place, but have because it was a few fellow Dads that helped me in the beginning. I was just passing along the information given to me and trying to help other fellow dads concerning what has worked for my DD.

Not making sense CL. You just attacked me your last two posts. Pattar attacked me awhile back. When have I attempted a personal attack?

if showing you something is a personal attack then you don’t know what a personal attack is.

if I attack your theory and you take that personal. LOL. That means your probably to invested and are borderline TMesque.

Oct 2, 2017
Not making sense CL. You just attacked me your last two posts. Pattar attacked me awhile back. When have I attempted a personal attack?

if showing you something is a personal attack then you don’t know what a personal attack is.

if I attack your theory and you take that personal. LOL. That means your probably to invested and are borderline TMesque.

Your dad comment was enough. TMesque, obsessive ego right there with someone else. I'm out.

Oct 13, 2014
South Cali
Your dad comment was enough. TMesque, obsessive ego right there with someone else. I'm out.

lol. you say your a dad don’t you??? There is nothing wrong with that. I am a dad also. It just speaks to the level of experience you have is what I was referencing. You are taking things out of context and flipping things to make yourself feel better. Maybe there’s another reason why you’re so sensitive ?

You were whiny before and even more now. I get it. Your kids swing is worse than when you started here. Go back and look. It’s frustrating. I went through it when I first came on here. There is a lot of fantasy on this forum and on the Internet. But at the end of the day you can only blame yourself for falling for it. I took ownership and learned. I suggest you do the same. Stop whining your a grown man.

Oct 2, 2017
lol. you say your a dad don’t you??? There is nothing wrong with that. I am a dad also. It just speaks to the level of experience you have is what I was referencing. You are taking things out of context and flipping things to make yourself feel better. Maybe there’s another reason why you’re so sensitive ?

You were whiny before and even more now. I get it. Your kids swing is worse than when you started here. Go back and look. It’s frustrating. I went through it when I first came on here. There is a lot of fantasy on this forum and on the Internet. But at the end of the day you can only blame yourself for falling for it. I took ownership and learned. I suggest you do the same. Stop whining your a grown man.
Way to try and insult by bringing my9yr old into this. That's what a child acts like. Shove it up your ***. You have no clue where my DD started when I joined this forum,but then again you assume everything. I'm quite happy with where my DD is for her age. Anyways have fun with your BS. This will be my last post to you.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kbeagles