Learning to turn from the backside

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 2, 2017
So the hands get launched by or from the core?
I would say by a resisting core. By that, core that is resisting the lower half that is firing. At least that's what I see. It's hard for me to make sure I get the definition of "By" or "From" used correctly in context of the swing.

After thinking about it, it would "by" if I'm thinking right (Thats dangerous), because its the core, especially the back muscles that helps the hitter maintain pull back.

Last edited:
Aug 20, 2017
JD M also does it here:

LSU

Notice how the hands and the elbow slot “together” and reach the back hip almost simultaneously. In OPs DDs case, the hands outrun the back elbow. So Clemens, your videos and input are pertinent to OPs DD and this thread.

This action is what allows hitters to let the ball get deep. Off speed pitches and hard takes will identify most mechanical swing flaws.

Apr 20, 2018
SoCal
Went back and looked at her (op DD) swing again. If she is pushing it is very slight. That's a pretty good swing.

'hands and the elbow slot “together” and reach the back hip almost simultaneously. "
Heard a guy describe this as riding the wave...?? Thoughts

"This action is what allows hitters to let the ball get deep. "
I really like JD's swing. I see him as the hybrid. Not too deep, not to far out front. Not too one legged, not too two legged. Doesn't tip and rip but does gradually TTB. Doesn't lean back, doesn't drift forward. Very balanced. Poetry in motion.

Oct 2, 2017
Went back and looked at her (op DD) swing again. If she is pushing it is very slight. That's a pretty good swing.

'hands and the elbow slot “together” and reach the back hip almost simultaneously. "

I really like JD's swing. I see him as the hybrid. Not too deep, not to far out front. Not too one legged, not too two legged. Doesn't tip and rip but does gradually TTB. Doesn't lean back, doesn't drift forward. Very balanced. Poetry in motion.

Certainly a Good swing by all means.

May 12, 2014

Trying to work on being more one legged driven and slightly less pushy?

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ying