Learning to turn from the backside

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 12, 2014
Nice swing.

The tee is in the right spot. It should be at the ball of the front foot, after stride.

"any drills for that ?"

Always, always, make sure she is coiling INWARD as she goes forword to toe touch. Even though it could be better, she is doing this somewhat now. Make sure you dont do any drills that might break this.

I can try the hover drill and monitor that she keeps the inward coil (and keeps improving on it).

May 12, 2014
I hate to say pulling off. I just know that when I practice long tee with DD I can see too much side spin if the tee is too far out front. Notice how quickly her bat barrel exits left.

Rolling Hard we’ve been working on staying on the line because she does have a habit of coming off after contact

May 12, 2014
Eric, thanks! My daughter is working on weighted back foot. Referencing the heel will help. She tends to get on the ball of the rear foot

Aug 20, 2017
I see some pushing of the hands. Looks like she is trying to stay inside the ball. Sometimes that will force the hands to outrun the back elbow. Maybe not as whippy as could be. Other than that she looks great! Lots of bat speed and balance.

Oct 2, 2017
To me it looks like she is trying to turn the shoulders. Instead of letting the shoulders get turned by the lower half and core.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Corrie00