Learning to turn from the backside

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Apr 20, 2018
SoCal
The swing looks good. Powerful. The tee is a little too far out front. And I suspect she saws across the ball to some degree. I am interested in what others will say because my DD saws across the ball too.

May 24, 2013
So Cal
The rear leg needs to be in control of the move. Learning how to "float" or "hover" with the front foot off the ground during the forward move was helpful for my DD. Slow float forward. Launch the swing from the rear leg.

May 12, 2014
Appreciate the feedback!

I noticed that about the tee too. I tried to move it back but she really wanted to work on hitting it out front.

when you say saw across does that mean pulling off?

May 24, 2013
So Cal
Thanks Eric....know any drills for that?

Feet together. Lift the front foot a little off the ground. Slow move forward with the front foot "hovering"/"floating" above the ground to toe touch. Rear leg is in control of the move. Launch the swing from the weighted rear leg. Launch shifts weight against the front side.

Apr 20, 2018
SoCal
Appreciate the feedback!

I noticed that about the tee too. I tried to move it back but she really wanted to work on hitting it out front.

when you say saw across does that mean pulling off?
I hate to say pulling off. I just know that when I practice long tee with DD I can see too much side spin if the tee is too far out front. Notice how quickly her bat barrel exits left.

Apr 2, 2015
Woodstock, man
Nice swing.

The tee is in the right spot. It should be at the ball of the front foot, after stride.

"any drills for that ?"

Always, always, make sure she is coiling INWARD as she goes forword to toe touch. Even though it could be better, she is doing this somewhat now. Make sure you dont do any drills that might break this.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brkou812