Learning to turn from the backside

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 8, 2016
As Eric, efastball and (I think, maybe??) W=w are alluding to, her move out/stride could be a bit better. She is reaching a bit too much with the front leg and hence is bleeding some of the inward coil. One thing you might want to have her think about is perhaps trying to keep her front knee tucked under her front hip a bit longer as she moves out.

Oct 13, 2014
South Cali
As Eric, efastball and (I think, maybe??) W=w are alluding to, her move out/stride could be a bit better. She is reaching a bit too much with the front leg and hence is bleeding some of the inward coil. One thing you might want to have her think about is perhaps trying to keep her front knee tucked under her front hip a bit longer as she moves out.

you’re not that smart. 🤔... but good post! She trying to leverage the backside which causes pushy hands and the shoulders to help facilitate that push.

Edit: of course I’m teasing P.

Oct 2, 2017
Hands get ahead of the turn.. Could you explain this?
I'll try the best I can. If you look at the yelich video above you'll notice his hands maintains pull back behind him(corner) as his core lower half and core fire and then turn the corner so to speak. With OP DD her hands do not maintain pull back but get ahead of the lower half and core and is ahead of (corner)I guess you can say she is pushy.

My DD has issues with this as well, I think part of it is her using the hands to to initiate launch in the swing vs using the lower half and core to load,coil,and launch.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aclee4414