Jose Bautista hitting article.

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 3, 2014
How many parents and students visited here and elsewhere that were told there kids are pushing because they were shifting then swinging ? Video supports the greats are getting into a leveraged position so the hands are being pulled not pushed..

Does anyone think thats misleading or misrepresenting ?

CzZ8Szg.gif
conforto is one of the greats? Jeez, this discussion just gets more bizarre by the minute lol

Jul 16, 2013
Pennsylvania
FP26, I have herd of Jim Dixon but thats about it. Sounds like his core thoughts have some similarities.

FFS has mentioned him several times, I decided to read through some of his stuff. Pretty good read. I highly recommend it. But make sure it is Jim Dixon Sr. The one I read is called "Exceptional Player". Very core oriented, but IMO it is not contradictory to my beliefs.

Oct 13, 2014
South Cali
Can we see your hitters who all do perfectly and match the pros using their words? Or are we are just supposed to take you at your word for it that that is what happens? Be careful playing that game...I've never seen your swing, and while your DD has a nice swing, I wouldn't say it matches any pro (nor really should you expect it to tbh..)

Remember when SB tried to discredit for 2 months... lol. Come to find out he learned a lot in that thread and all of a ‘sudden’(pun)his hitters were doing 1 arm drills and he was drilling TDS for answers. Remember? Cuz he knew he was missing something. Haven’t seen any of his latest work. I’m betting he has gotten off of one leg and TTB. See those pulling ropes demos of his in his driveway? Hmm. Core is working...Hands are getting pulled.

My DDs ‘sequence’ is a match. Same movements. DLL. Forward yet back. Is it as purified? Probably not. Same core sequence though.

Her coaches always comment on how she can ‘cover the whole zone’. DD calls it ‘no holes’.

They didn’t want to bat her in the beginning(pitcher)(I told you about the HItting coach and his ‘ways’ also) But her consistent BP against a man pitcher couldn’t keep her out of the line up.

You hit you play.

Jun 8, 2016
I cannot speak for others, but I have lost interest in commenting on amateurs. Gets way too contentious for my taste.
Depends on the attitude of the OP. For example if you told me my DD was horrible I would have no issue with it :)

Jun 8, 2016
Remember when SB tried to discredit for 2 months... lol. Come to find out he learned a lot in that thread and all of a ‘sudden’(pun)his hitters were doing 1 arm drills and he was drilling TDS for answers. Remember? Cuz he knew he was missing something. Haven’t seen any of his latest work. I’m betting he has gotten off of one leg and TTB. See those pulling ropes demos of his in his driveway? Hmm. Core is working...Hands are getting pulled.

My DDs ‘sequence’ is a match. Same movements. DLL. Forward yet back. Is it as purified? Probably not. Same core sequence though.

Her coaches always comment on how she can ‘cover the whole zone’. DD calls it ‘no holes’.

They didn’t want to bat her in the beginning(pitcher)(I told you about the HItting coach and his ‘ways’ also) But her consistent BP against a man pitcher couldn’t keep her out of the line up.

You hit you play.
Look I said your kid looks pretty good. That is N=1 sample size. I find it hard to believe you haven't seen 1 kid who is following the "HI mechanics" who you think has a good sequence..Trying to "match" a pro is fool's gold imo...regardless of what Ted called his book, hitting isn't science. With my kid (well kid's but the other is 4 so if I can get him to pay attention for 2 pitches in a row that is a success.. ;)) there are things which I think she should be doing and we will slowly try to get her to do them...I am not going to take her swing and compare it to a pro every time I videotape her. That will just be an exercise in futility.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sarahjackson13