Jose Bautista hitting article.

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 13, 2014
South Cali
Look I said your kid looks pretty good. That is N=1 sample size. I find it hard to believe you haven't seen 1 kid who is following the "HI mechanics" who you think has a good sequence..
When a kid is sitting on their back leg... it’s not in any kind of sequence. It’s stay back and turn it as fast as you can. Correct?
The swing puts the foot down right?

Here’s an example: does this look like a pro sequence? Honestly?

Amateur:core and arms. 1 piece.

Pro: core turns first hands second. Sequence.

Last edited:
Jun 8, 2016
When a kid is sitting on their back leg... it’s not in any kind of sequence. It’s stay back and turn it as fast as you can. Correct?

Here’s an example: does this look like a pro sequence? Honestly?

When I think of getting stuck on the back leg I think of what my DD is doing at the moment...not what this girl is doing. I think this girl has a pretty good move out.

Jul 16, 2013
Pennsylvania

Bold above. Misrepresentation...

I have no issue comparing "movement pattern" to "movement pattern" as TDS would phrase it. But at least do so correctly.

Jun 8, 2016
Agreed. For the level she plays sure. But does it match Springer?
No this 15 YO (or so) girl taking BP doesn't match the game swing of a grown man playing in MLB..If I could get my DD
to move out like this girl I would be ecstatic...

Oct 13, 2014
South Cali
No this 15 YO (or so) girl taking BP doesn't match the game swing of a grown man playing in MLB..
The core movements don’t match. That’s my point. Without that, nothing else matters. She momentum based. He’s core based. He gets his giddy up from his core. She gets it from her back leg.

Don’t nitpick. It’s right in front of you.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bake12