Jose Bautista hitting article.

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 8, 2016
Not a knock. You stated it’s about batted ball exit speed etc etc. Thats long speak for power. Im not knocking it. Im understanding you.

I want the highest Bavg. I want to be able to cover the zone. My agenda is to match the pros. Nothing more.

That is the soup of the day imo. To each his own. What’s wrong with that?

Power is not my goal.
Ok, let's assume one of your female students (DD maybe) has your swing theory down to a T. Now granted she won't be able to generate the same bat speed as an adult male but she still should be able to hit for a high average in MLB...right?

Jul 16, 2013
Pennsylvania
Not a knock. You stated it’s about batted ball exit speed etc etc. Thats long speak for power. Im not knocking it. Im understanding you.

I want the highest Bavg. I want to be able to cover the zone. My agenda is to match the pros. Nothing more.

That is the soup of the day imo. To each his own. What’s wrong with that?

Power is not my goal.

So for others following along, here is a quick summary concerning goals...

Work = Wins --- match the pros
FP26 --- match the pros

About sums it up in my opinion. Thanks for the conversation. ;)

Oct 13, 2014
South Cali
So for others following along, here is a quick summary concerning goals...

Work = Wins --- match the pros
FP26 --- match the pros

About sums it up in my opinion. Thanks for the conversation. ;)
Fair enough. I get your point. Touché. But the only snag in your opinion is no pro talks about TTB right? So matching isn’t gonna happen correct?

Oct 13, 2014
South Cali
Ok, let's assume one of your female students (DD maybe) has your swing theory down to a T. Now granted she won't be able to generate the same bat speed as an adult male but she still should be able to hit for a high average in MLB...right?
Lol. I don’t know. I think she’s a player. . But not with men. Too strong.

Jun 8, 2016
Lol. I don’t know. I think she’s a player. . But not with men. Too strong.
Well if she just starts swinging for an inside fastball as soon as the pitcher starts his windup and then adjusts after that she
should be strong enough to hit liners for basehits at least 30% of the time right?

Jul 16, 2013
Pennsylvania
Fair enough. I get your point. Touché. But the only snag in your opinion is no pro talks about TTB right? So matching isn’t gonna happen correct?

It's just words... I'm more concerned about the actions that occur (see Hanson principle). When I see someone like Miggy swing, I am convinced that I can see him TTB. When you see Miggy swing, you see what agrees with your theory. You believe you're right. I believe I'm right. Nothing you have said has changed my mind. And apparently nothing I have said has changed yours. It is what it is.

I'm at work right now, so I don't have access to youtube or my gif library, but I remember posting an interview with Chipper Jones when he talked about a "post driven through his rear leg into the ground" (I'm paraphrasing). I can see definite correlations between his statement and my beliefs. Maybe you hear something different. Maybe you think Chipper was not a good hitter. Personally, I think he was VERY GOOD. Actually, being a Phillies fan, I really hated Chipper for a long time, but I did appreciate his swing ;)

Oct 13, 2014
South Cali
Well if she just starts swinging for an inside fastball as soon as the pitcher starts his windup and then adjusts after that she
should be strong enough to hit liners for basehits at least 30% of the time right?
Not an inside heater physically. But the timing for an inside heater. Different things. It’s really look fast and adjust. That’s the cue. Rely on the eyes to tell you what to do. Eye/hand coordination... when you don’t spend the barrel at foot down. You can adjust.

Last edited:
Jun 8, 2016
Not an inside heater physically. But the timing for an inside heater. Different things. It’s really look fast and adjust after launch. That’s the cue.
So if I have this straight your timing and pre-launch body positioning ignores pitch recognition which is only used to adjust post launch. Even in that scenario wouldn't having more time to read the pitch give you better information in order to adjust post launch?

Jul 16, 2013
Pennsylvania
So if I have this straight your timing and pre-launch body positioning ignores pitch recognition which is only used to adjust post launch. Even in that scenario wouldn't having more time to read the pitch give you better information in order to adjust post launch?

I've been down this road before.... ;) To me, pitch recognition is essential for timing. Not only are you recognizing location, but you are also recognizing speed. Otherwise, what exactly is being timed?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
re.todd22