IR--one more time

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 14, 2008
Secondly......Huff stated that by placing your arm behind you PALM UP.......You would be in the anatomical "neutral postion".......In fact he said this more then once in this thread.......Infact he said it within his last few posts.......

Show me! This is my whole debate and source of my question. Show me! Behind the back, the only way you can achieve palm up is to rotate the ball of the humerus in the rotator cuff. That is what I said. No, elbow flexion is quite simple; palm up, bend your elbow. I wasn't distorting the argument! Do you think people can't read as well as you can. You either are a liar or read at a fifth grade level. If you are so convinced of your righteousness, then don't distort, lie, or post half truths.

Oh no.........Did I mis-type what you said?...........Was it "palm down behind you" you said several times was anatomically neutral?........Then finally later correct yourself to say palm out?........Oh well.......

Palm down/Palm up.........."You can parse it all you want", you were wrong.........(sound familiar?)

I guess we're all guilty at some point aren't we..........

Behind the back, the only way you can achieve palm up is to rotate the ball of the humerus in the rotator cuff. That is what I said. No, elbow flexion is quite simple; palm up, bend your elbow. I wasn't distorting the argument! Do you think people can't read as well as you can. You either are a liar or read at a fifth grade level. If you are so convinced of your righteousness, then don't distort, lie, or post half truths.

I don't know why your still here.........We've proven that palm up is a desired position..........And heck......It may even be "anatomically neutral"..........Since at 9:00 we're no longer in the sagittal plane who can tell?.......IF, in the anatomically neutral postion, the palm faces the same direction as the bicep/humerus...........And at 9:00 the bicep/humerus is facing up/back.......Wouldn't neutral when referencing humerus through palm have the palm facing the same direction as the bicep STILL?........So if the bicep is facing up........Might "neutral" also have the palm facing up?.........EXACTLY the same as the Anatomical neutral position when "hanging" down bicep/humerus/palm forward?.....

Hmmmmm..........

I think, and you can correct me if I'm wrong.........You said Ana. Neutral was technically a fully supinated position......Proven with elbow flexion from neutral...........IOW.......You can't supinate any further from the anatomically "neutral position"......Isn't that also true with palm up at 9:00?..........

You sure Palm OUT at 9:00 is Ana. Neutral?...........

Oh well.........We can't ALL be right can we.........

Jan 4, 2012
OH-IO
Oh no.........Did I mis-type what you said?...........Was it "palm down behind you" you said several times was anatomically neutral?........Then finally later correct yourself to say palm out?........Oh well.......

Palm down/Palm up.........."You can parse it all you want", you were wrong.........(sound familiar?)

I guess we're all guilty at some point aren't we..........

I don't know why your still here.........We've proven that palm up is a desired position..........And heck......It may even be "anatomically neutral"..........Since at 9:00 we're no longer in the sagittal plane who can tell?.......IF, in the anatomically neutral postion, the palm faces the same direction as the bicep/humerus...........And at 9:00 the bicep/humerus is facing up/back.......Wouldn't neutral when referencing humerus through palm have the palm facing the same direction as the bicep STILL?........So if the bicep is facing up........Might "neutral" also have the palm facing up?.........EXACTLY the same as the Anatomical neutral position when "hanging" down bicep/humerus/palm forward?.....

Hmmmmm....................
I think, and you can correct me if I'm wrong.........You said Ana. Neutral was technically a fully supinated position......Proven with elbow flexion from neutral...........IOW.......You can't supinate any further from the anatomically "neutral position"......Isn't that also true with palm up at 9:00?..........

You sure Palm OUT at 9:00 is Ana. Neutral?..............................

Oh well.........We can't ALL be right can we.........<iframe width="300" height="100" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/L6KgQPAAVJk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

BoredMember....Would it be alright with you if I teach my DD to have the ball face 3rd base @ 12:00-3:00 ...Her Time ?

Jul 14, 2008
BoredMember....Would it be alright with you if I teach my DD to have the ball face 3rd base @ 12:00-3:00 ...Her Time ?

Prefect Cickle........She's your DD........You are free to teach what ever you want.......However you want.......Whenever you want......Your question doesn't require an answer from me........

I have a question for you........My DD wants braces. Is it ok with you if I pay for them?........

Last edited:
Jan 4, 2012
OH-IO
Prefect Cickle........She's your DD........You are free to teach what ever you want.......However you want.......Whenever you want......Your question doesn't require an answer from me........

I have a question for you........My DD wants braces. Is it ok with you if I pay for them?........

I can say Yes... as long as you get the non metallic ones. The metal and Mercury, in ones mouth can reek havoc on the thyroid. Also, make sure the tech is using the thyroid cover on the vest when they X-ray. All vest are required to have the thyroid cover, but few use it if any. Here is my recommendation....If he is to far, find one in his group closer to you. I am free to aid you in this very dangerous undertaking.

I'm hoping that you haven't already allowed... the unprotected X-rays and or Silver Amalgam fillings. If you have, please stop all usage of microwaved foods, and fluoridated water. Then immediately see to it that DD is getting every mineral needed. The heavy metals,and radiation form food cooked in micro, and fluoride lay in wait, to come off the bench, and take the place of minerals that are depleted. They assume the role of minerals in the cells, as a doughnut tire dose when the proper size and balanced tires are flat, but then can only produce free radicals...

You see the main problem with tearing your shoulder up, is being radiated to diagnose the problem. Then being put on pharmaceuticals, that only suppress, and mask the problem, not to mention dehydrate you. I hope I am stating in context with you and the OP of this post. Your using the medical and science in your arguments, and the video, convoys to me that you have the resources to look into far greater damage being done, than not being able to be an elite pitcher...

And for anyone who has crossed the line, and has already allowed your DD to hurt her arms and shoulders, get... DMSO and Mediterranean Oregano Oil. Mix one teaspoon of DMSO to 6 drops of the oil. Rub it where it hurts. Once relieved, STOP hurting yourself further. Or you can use it to block the pain while you continue to tear up things.....It will also bring relief to arthritis without using dehydrating medicinal's .... now prove that wrong...

New Albany Adult Dentistry offers Invisalign as a great alternative to Braces for straightening your teeth

IAOMT Fequently Asked Questions about Biological and Mercury Free Dentistry

Last edited:
Jan 4, 2012
OH-IO
I'm having some major computer problems, new laptop in the shop, so I'm on my 2001 and it's slow and not very good graphics. My question, is this young lady who may be one of the best in the country, is she using IR??

Softball's newest star? | Video | Fox News

YES !!!! Now she's got a REAL,in your face fan who will get to some of her games !!! I'm working on the movie, but would have problem raising the cash.... I'm thinking about scalping tickets to raise the funds....

Sep 29, 2008
Northeast Ohio
Originally Posted by GOINGDEEP
I'm having some major computer problems, new laptop in the shop, so I'm on my 2001 and it's slow and not very good graphics. My question, is this young lady who may be one of the best in the country, is she using IR??

Softball's newest star? | Video | Fox News
YES !!!! Now she's got a REAL,in your face fan who will get to some of her games !!! I'm working on the movie, but would have problem raising the cash.... I'm thinking about scalping tickets to raise the funds....

Yes IR big time and by far the best velocity and variety I have seen from a high school pitcher at 43' (we had one 3 years ago who was nearly as good and plays for Georgia now but it was 40' in HS at that time in Ohio). We played her last night. We scored one. She can field too. My DD hit a hard grounder just to the right of the mound and she (Gabriel) had to deflect it to the Shortstop for a band bang at first. I wanted to come on here and brag about a hit. DD also flew our with decent contact to center. All in all 3 hits for our team. We actually launched 2 triples off of her which I was quite proud of considering the job she did off of those top Florida teams earlier in the spring. She is very very good. Not better than a lot of other college pitchers. Not the "next Jenny Finch" which was just Fox News making it relatable but a very talented pitcher with an excellent competitive attitude.

Jul 14, 2008
I'm having some major computer problems, new laptop in the shop, so I'm on my 2001 and it's slow and not very good graphics. My question, is this young lady who may be one of the best country, is she using IR??

Looks like someone forgot to coach the athlete out of her by making that ball face 3rd at 12:00 and all the way down through release........

5oyphw.jpg

Notice how the palm faces the same direction as the bicep/humerus at the top and into release?.........I'm thinking anatomically neutral is a good way to describe it..........:cool:

Apparantly she's gonna need braces too...........:rolleyes:

Last edited:
Jan 4, 2012
OH-IO
Yes IR big time and by far the best velocity and variety I have seen from a high school pitcher at 43' (we had one 3 years ago who was nearly as good and plays for Georgia now but it was 40' in HS at that time in Ohio). We played her last night. We scored one. She can field too. My DD hit a hard grounder just to the right of the mound and she (Gabriel) had to deflect it to the Shortstop for a band bang at first. I wanted to come on here and brag about a hit. DD also flew our with decent contact to center. All in all 3 hits for our team. We actually launched 2 triples off of her which I was quite proud of considering the job she did off of those top Florida teams earlier in the spring. She is very very good. Not better than a lot of other college pitchers. Not the "next Jenny Finch" which was just Fox News making it relatable but a very talented pitcher with an excellent competitive attitude.

Wow Ringside view....Congratz to your DD... Did you win ???

Sep 29, 2008
Northeast Ohio
No. They are defending state champs and are good offensively as well. We are right there with them. We learned a few things last night and fortunately have the opportunity to see them again in 2 weeks at an invitational event. If we win...I'll report on it :)

Status
Not open for further replies.