Hitting tee

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 24, 2013
So Cal
Thanks Eric.....I'm going to go with the Tanner Tee. What do you think of the heavy version?

I have the short regular version, and haven't had a need to add more weight. I have found that the short version is nice for working on pitches low in the zone. I picked up a 1" threaded coupling and 1" x 10" pipe nipple (galv steel) that brings the height up when I need it.

May 13, 2015
Got it....I'll give the regular version a try first

I have the regular tee and either a #5 or 10 lb weight. I find the weight is more useful on the younger age kids, that tend to knock it over. I don't really need it for my daughter who uses it the most. But it's golden when I take it to her little brothers practice.

Sep 22, 2013
The Tanner Tees are great products. We use below the regular tee and the low tee for our travel ball team. The regular tee is also great for high tee work. They hold up well after thousands of swings and are extremely portable. We have never used weights and I find the stability of the tees to work just fine with the regular polymer base. I have seen the new Tanner weighted base as well and it is great for working on a real home plate but it is quite heavy and it would not be something that I would like to carry around very often. Can't go wrong with any Tanner Tee.

shaker1

Softball Junkie
Dec 4, 2014
On a bucket
Make your own and you can buy the Tanner 'tee' part. I made the whole tee and used roofing rubber for the tee. I'm cheap......Search the site and the interweb.

I'm cheap too. Made a couple, short and long. Both extend. And use a rubber gasket material for the ball holder. I found a weight useful for the girls that don't do their tee work at home

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Momma2ma