Deciding between 3 gloves

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Dec 19, 2021
DD got a Liberty Advanced 12" as her first "real" glove halfway thru 7th grade. Played it until midway thru junior year when it started getting floppy where balls would kind of bend the web back. Lots of games on that one and it performed really well at 3rd, SS, P and numerous diving outfield catches.

It broke in much quicker than the A2000 she has now.

Oct 4, 2018
Thanks for the feedback all, all 3 are available on sale at same price point. DD seems to prefer the LA colorway best :rolleyes:

Getting the glove game ready is a concern, but won't be needed till late March\April. Longevity would be a plus since I'd like to be able to use this glove into 12u, she's still got a couple seasons of 10u ball.

Don't discount girls liking the color. That leads to confidence, which leads to better play.

I was going to recommend the Liberty Advance anyway. For that age, I think it's the right choice. I'm just now replacing a LA 1B glove my daughter used and loved for 12U. It gave us several good years and has some life left in it. Even came with metallic gold laces.

LEsoftballdad

DFP Vendor
Jun 29, 2021
NY
Don't discount girls liking the color. That leads to confidence, which leads to better play.

I was going to recommend the Liberty Advance anyway. For that age, I think it's the right choice. I'm just now replacing a LA 1B glove my daughter used and loved for 12U. It gave us several good years and has some life left in it. Even came with metallic gold laces.
You and those gold laces... LOL ;-)

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA

My wife loves her LA that I got her another one this year. We finally relaced her first one after many years. She has had that one well over 10 years. She liked the fact it was easier to break in. Havent even used the new one yet

I know the LA get a little heat here, but I think its a great glove for the price. For those not looking for the high line price tags

Oct 4, 2018
My wife loves her LA that I got her another one this year. We finally relaced her first one after many years. She has had that one well over 10 years. She liked the fact it was easier to break in. Havent even used the new one yet

I know the LA get a little heat here, but I think its a great glove for the price. For those not looking for the high line price tags

Yeah, my DD has an LA for her 1B glove and likes it.

Nov 18, 2015

This is awesome on so many levels:
  • You got your wife a glove
  • You got your wife a glove, and it was a thoughtful gift
  • She can actually use said glove to the point of needing to relace it
  • Of the thousands of DFP posts I've read - I'm not sure I've come across one with the words "My wife loves her [glove]"
I'd say "you're a lucky guy", but that's kind of stating the obvious!

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
This is awesome on so many levels:
  • You got your wife a glove
  • You got your wife a glove, and it was a thoughtful gift
  • She can actually use said glove to the point of needing to relace it
  • Of the thousands of DFP posts I've read - I'm not sure I've come across one with the words "My wife loves her [glove]"
I'd say "you're a lucky guy", but that's kind of stating the obvious!
Thank you sir

Thats how we met...one of my rare co-ed softball tournys back then. After that i started a co-ed team and filled the men with my players
and she got the women.

Its funny, only people on DFP would think that post was cool...hahaha. I am very lucky. Talking softball is a very common subject
around our house out of enjoyment of the game, and not because we have to. Ive played forever and still do, she played in college
and coached fp and has played sp for years. So the mutual love of the game has worked out very well.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kbeagles