Deciding between 3 gloves

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 21, 2022
New Jersey
10yr old DD, needs to update her fielding glove. Main position is C, with rotations at 3B an LF. Current fielding glove is an old used 11.75 Rawlings. This would be only for fielding, her catchers mitt has good amount of life left.

Rawlings Liberty Advanced 11.75″ Fastpitch Softball Glove: RLA715-2WB
Wilson A2000 SuperSkin FP75 11.75″ Fastpitch Softball Glove
2021 Easton MORGAN STUART SIGNATURE SERIES 11.75

Other then her saying which she likes the look(color) of best, what's the consensus on these 3?

LEsoftballdad

DFP Vendor
Jun 29, 2021
NY
They're different-level gloves. For a 10-year-old girl, save a few bucks and go with the best price. The A2000 should last longer than the LA, but it's also much harder to break in.

I can save you money on any of those. Send me a PM.

Feb 14, 2019
10yr old DD, needs to update her fielding glove. Main position is C, with rotations at 3B an LF. Current fielding glove is an old used 11.75 Rawlings. This would be only for fielding, her catchers mitt has good amount of life left.

Rawlings Liberty Advanced 11.75″ Fastpitch Softball Glove: RLA715-2WB
Wilson A2000 SuperSkin FP75 11.75″ Fastpitch Softball Glove
2021 Easton MORGAN STUART SIGNATURE SERIES 11.75

Other then her saying which she likes the look(color) of best, what's the consensus on these 3?
All three are good quality gloves, but at different price points. The LA will break in fastest and easiest but will probably need replacing sooner than the other two. The A2000 will take some work to be game ready for a 10 year old, but once you have it dialed in you can expect a several years out of it at least. The Easton is somewhere close to the A2000, but I wonder if the hand stalls might be too much at age 10.

I'm a big fan of Bradley gloves from about 7yo to 12yo or so. You might check them out if you haven't already.

Mar 29, 2023
I personally found the A2000 way too hard for a 10U player to break in. It's super high quality but it's mega stiff. We even paid a break in service, and while it helped, it was still so stiff that it just sits in my garage.

Jul 1, 2022
I personally found the A2000 way too hard for a 10U player to break in. It's super high quality but it's mega stiff. We even paid a break in service, and while it helped, it was still so stiff that it just sits in my garage.
Agreed, I have got an A2000 for myself and it took forever to break in and it's still not fully broken in. Even my hand stillgets cramped up when I play catch for too long.

I will second the suggestion of going with Bradley gloves. Good quality glove that's easy to break in and close.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk

Oct 21, 2022
New Jersey
Thanks for the feedback all, all 3 are available on sale at same price point. DD seems to prefer the LA colorway best :rolleyes:

Getting the glove game ready is a concern, but won't be needed till late March\April. Longevity would be a plus since I'd like to be able to use this glove into 12u, she's still got a couple seasons of 10u ball.

Nov 2, 2021
My DD gamed the A2000 FP75SS from U11 (Canada) and loves this glove. Getting the glove game ready took a bit of sweat but it was worth the effort. The glove is light and durable and eats balls. She plays SS when she is not in the circle and I think the single post 3X web is a perfect design for middle infield. We are currently breaking a new A2K 1723 SS for next season and will sell her FP75SS for half of what we purchased. 3 plus seasons, never let her down and years left in the glove makes it a great choice. Please note I am a Rawlings guy but can respect a quality glove.

Sep 19, 2018
I bought my dd an a2000 the fall of her 11U year. It was too stiff for her. She would not even use it in practice to break it in. 9 months later her a550 (was that the number?), broke and I would / could not fix it. She was forced to move to the A2000. If she has two more years at 10u, buy her something softer, lighter and less expensive. Get her using the glove sooner rather than later.

Feb 25, 2020
I think the morgan stuart for 79$ off the easton website is a great deal.

Dd is a pretty strong 2nd year 12u(has always been strong player for her age). She used an 11.5" a950 through 10u. It was great for her I thought. She has the morgan stuart which she used most of this year(1st year 12u) and I thought it was really good all over the field. She goes TIP and does just fine all over the field. (P, OF, 1B, 3B) I think a smaller glove is beneficial for the age. TIP really helps. I think the easton would be really good for 2nd year 10u through 12u. It is fairly light(around 19 oz iirc). With a relace it might last longer than that.

Oct 26, 2019
I think the morgan stuart for 79$ off the easton website is a great deal.

Dd is a pretty strong 2nd year 12u(has always been strong player for her age). She used an 11.5" a950 through 10u. It was great for her I thought. She has the morgan stuart which she used most of this year(1st year 12u) and I thought it was really good all over the field. She goes TIP and does just fine all over the field. (P, OF, 1B, 3B) I think a smaller glove is beneficial for the age. TIP really helps. I think the easton would be really good for 2nd year 10u through 12u. It is fairly light(around 19 oz iirc). With a relace it might last longer than that.
For $79 I may just by it myself to see - that’s a great price!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kbeagles