Hit or error?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Aug 9, 2021
I use gamechanger to go back and find plays for highlight videos. I was quite shocked to find one of the coaches had (on several occasions) changed the stat line on plays where his DD reached on error to a hit.
I have lost all faith in Gamechanger being accurate for many teams. The fact that MaxPreps uses imports from GC for their stats makes it equally suspect. Any system that uses parent based stat tracking that allows for subjectivity is inherently flawed.

radness

Possibilities & Opportunities!
Dec 13, 2019
Any system that uses parent based stat tracking that allows for subjectivity is inherently flawed.
wonder if all parents would agree?????πŸ€”
Lol, or is a parent answering that question themselves already inherently flawed?! 🀭

Do think favoritism happens regardless of DNA.

May 16, 2016
Due to the lack of uniformity between sanctioning bodies the NFCA provides universal scoring guidelines
No guidelines mentioned in the NFHS rulebook.

What IS in the rule book...

Art 2: The official scorekeeper, as designated by the umpire, shall keep records as outlined in the following rules and has final authority when judgement is involved in determining weather a batter-runner's advance to first base is the result of an error or of a base hit, and in similar situations.

If your are the "official scorekeeper" and you want to base your "judgement "on NFCA guidelines, that is your prerogative.

radness

Possibilities & Opportunities!
Dec 13, 2019
If nothing else we can see why college coaches could care less about HS or travel stats.
πŸ”βœ”
Add
This is why college coaches go watch players in their games and want players to come to their camps so they can see for themselves.

While Video can help in recruitment because coaches can see what mechanics looks like.
They generally like to see what happens
in real-time-game situations.

A piece of paper with statistics on it is too easily fudged.

May 27, 2013
I have lost all faith in Gamechanger being accurate for many teams. The fact that MaxPreps uses imports from GC for their stats makes it equally suspect. Any system that uses parent based stat tracking that allows for subjectivity is inherently flawed.

Been saying this for a while!!! Maxpreps is a joke and the fact that they base National level awards on it is suspect. Not all HS teams use GC.

Apr 20, 2015
Been saying this for a while!!! Maxpreps is a joke and the fact that they base National level awards on it is suspect. Not all HS teams use GC.

Our coach goes back through the gc and makes adjustments before it goes to max preps but I’m sure all coaches don’t take the time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Aug 27, 2019
Lakewood CA.
100%
I am still involved with my DD’s former HS team as I shoot photos for them.

The stats for this years team are CRAZY!

I know it’s lame to quote your own post but….

I just looked at their MaxPreps stats. They have a grand total of 3 ROE for the whole season for the whole team!
They play some really, really bad teams. There has probably been 5-6 ROE in each game I kid you not.

There are three girls on the team that are tearing it up though.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fpmithi