High level swing and sequence gifs

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 17, 2009
Portland, OR
This thread will wonder all over the place, but still possible for good info, if you persist playaction.

IMO, hips do not fire. the core fires.

If I show a ten year old sequence, it can be quite simple. rock the U, while you step open.
As opposed to stride and lay the barrel back toward catcher.

So on to MLB players:D

Heck .... your approach would benefit many older girls ..... many HS-JV players .... as well as some HS-Varsity players. There are many that take a stab at the game later in life .... it's part of what makes HS so interesting.

May 3, 2014
Mann - I am guilty of interchanging words sometimes. Yes, the core does fire (pulse) in way to "fire" the hips from flexion to extension.

This thread will wonder all over the place, but still possible for good info, if you persist playaction.

If I show a ten year old sequence, it can be quite simple. rock the U, while you step open.

Feb 26, 2012

OK. Pick a gif and explain the sequence if you would.

Feb 26, 2012
Not what I was referring to. Guess I used the wrong term. I actually see some hitters land on their big toe (front leg still turned in) because their hips are still coiled and then the front foot rotates open when the hips fire.

Any comment on this? Looking at other gifs some turn their front leg from toward the plate/catcher to out during the stride.

Oct 10, 2011
Pacific Northwest
Any comment on this? Looking at other gifs some turn their front leg from toward the plate/catcher to out during the stride.

Anything that happens with the front leg, is from RHP, rear hip, back leg action.
the front leg does not have any bearing on the HLS, so stop talking about it.

Feb 26, 2012
Anything that happens with the front leg, is from RHP, rear hip, back leg action.
the front leg does not have any bearing on the HLS, so stop talking about it.
Are you that one legged golfer in that gif? JK of course.

Do you pick your front leg up to transfer your weight or does it come off the ground because you started your hip coil?

So their leg internally rotates because of the back hip?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DezA