stealth drill

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jan 4, 2012
OH-IO
Thought someone might want to see it > Righty

Right.gif

May 3, 2014
Watch the barrel in relation to the player in the dugout standing in the back - where is the initial barrel direction?

to the catcher or at the dugout? What rear wrist articulation creates this? What front wrist articulation creates this?

Running start of the barrel until the torso is grabbed by the hips/pelvis and barrel gets turned.

Just giving everyone a slightly different perspective.

Hump daaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyy!

RyanMoveOut.gif

Missing frames..The rear hip/leg is starting to turn forward as the barrel is turned rearward.

Dec 28, 2014
I Don't see any wrist or hand movement "turning" the barrel. It looks like he's just pulling the knob towards the pitcher.

rdbass

It wasn't me.
Jun 5, 2010
Not here.
I Don't see any wrist or hand movement "turning" the barrel. It looks like he's just pulling the knob towards the pitcher.

Don't be 'fooled' by slo-mo swings. This hitter is 'turning the barrel to the ball' with his hand and forearms.
qnl3ra.gif

RKirby_1stCollegeHR_vUSC.gif

Pulling the knob towards the pitcher is not what good hitters do or want in their swings. JMHO.

Dec 28, 2014
If you pull the knob don't the arms turn the Barrell without manipulation? The thing is that may be manipulated is the release.

I'm new to this so I am just stating what I see in these clips.

coachbob

Banned
Apr 26, 2012
SoCal

He cant pull the knob towards the pitcher. His continuous loading prevents the knob from traveling that direction. The initial barrel direction to the catcher proves it.

May 3, 2014
I was trying to point it before -

the barrel is on the plate side of this body and then moves to the dugout side of his head prior to any movement towards the catcher.

Watch the tip of the barrel - it is actually moving towards the pitcher as it is moving towards the dugout before any movement towards the catcher.

RyanMoveOut.gif

He cant pull the knob towards the pitcher. His continuous loading prevents the knob from traveling that direction. The initial barrel direction to the catcher proves it.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Momma2ma