Tip N Rip - Swing Plane ???

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

TDS

Mar 11, 2010
Rdbass, my understanding is catcher/pitcher (side to side) is the frontal plane while the back side to front side of the body is the sagittal.

This is working in the sagittal plane per my understanding as well as cat/cow/cat.

Last edited:

rdbass

It wasn't me.
Jun 5, 2010
Not here.
Rdbass, my understanding is catcher/pitcher (side to side) is the frontal plane while the back side to front side of the body is the sagittal.

This is working in the sagittal plane per my understanding.

250px-BodyPlanes.jpg

I don't think so...the red line on the right should be down the middle.
Jabroni2_zpshxaswqd5.gif

A sagittal plane is a vertical plane which passes from anterior to posterior, dividing the body into right and left halves.
Planes+of+Motion.jpg

Last edited:
Jul 16, 2013
Pennsylvania
This has been a challenge for me as well....

The Sagittal Plane

The sagittal plane divides the body into left and right. When we move along this plane, we are using the strength of our muscles to move parts of the body forward or backward. Extension and flexion happen along the sagittal plane. This means most running, biking, rowing, and lifting movements make use of this plane. For example, in a squat, both hips move from extension into flexion, and back into extension. The hips and knees in particular spend a lot of time in flexion, so mobility work should involve extending both joints.

How and Why to Use All 3 Planes of Motion to Improve Your Mobility | Breaking Muscle

May 3, 2014
TDS/FP are correct - movement in or along the sagittal plane is like the splitting wood guy.

Bass - you are thinking of movement in or along the frontal plane (catcher to pitcher)

Mann - you don't have to use sagittal plane to your hitters - just demonstrate the motion.

250px-BodyPlanes.jpg

I don't think so...the red line on the right should be down the middle.
Jabroni2_zpshxaswqd5.gif

A sagittal plane is a vertical plane which passes from anterior to posterior, dividing the body into right and left halves.
Planes+of+Motion.jpg

Greenmonsters

Wannabe Duck Boat Owner
Feb 21, 2009
New England

This is working in the sagittal plane per my understanding as well as cat/cow/cat.

I see a guy chopping wood. I see no catchers, pitchers, planes, cats, cows, or any other farm animals. Furthermore, the guy chopping wood isn't driving a pick up truck and isn't wearing flannel, which immediately disqualify him from being a high-level wood chopper.

May 24, 2013
So Cal
I see a guy chopping wood. I see no catchers, pitchers, planes, cats, cows, or any other farm animals. Furthermore, the guy chopping wood isn't driving a pick up truck and isn't wearing flannel, which immediately disqualify him from being a high-level wood chopper.

What about planes? Do you see any planes?

May 3, 2014
You see a guy chopping wood? Better get your eyes checked. I see a guy squatting with a piece a wood above his head.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Momma2ma