High level swing and sequence gifs

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Feb 26, 2012
How about posting a gif and describing the full sequence. GIF may be too large for a full swing.-still learning. Hopefully, some will be softball.

I see a big knee cock to transfer weight and to coil hip.
He rides his back leg and falls forward while getting the stretch and tipping the bat. He maintains the coil and it appears that he coils a bit more while falling forward.
His front foot blocks and he turns the barrell behind the corner. IOW-His hips fire followed by his upper body. Good extension.

Am I close? Fire away.

http://http://noontimebaseball.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/06/Bautista_overhead.gif[video]http://noontimebaseball.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/06/Bautista_061013_2HRcombo.gif[/video]

Attachments

• Bautista_overhead.jpg
    Bautista_overhead.jpg
    12.6 KB · Views: 224

coachbob

Banned
Apr 26, 2012
SoCal
Bautista_overhead.gif

Fixed that for you

coachbob

Banned
Apr 26, 2012
SoCal
and falls forward while getting the stretch and tipping the bat. He maintains the coil and it appears that he coils a bit more while falling forward.
His front foot blocks and he turns the barrell behind the corner. IOW-His hips fire followed by his upper body. Good extension.

Am I close? Fire away.

Bautista_overhead.gif

I think some might have issue with the falling forward part. There is some debate about this, but unloading into a blocked front foot sounds like a "shift then swing sequence", which is decried by some. Once you have fallen forward, the corner has bled, and you will come over the top.

Some call it staying back, others, one leggendess, others still, dynamic balance... I think you can get a feel for it in the following clip. The guy on the left is good.

MaciasHoward2.gif

Last edited:
Feb 26, 2012
I think some might have issue with the falling forward part. There is some debate about this, but unloading into a blocked front foot sounds like a "shift then swing sequence", which is decried by some. Once you have fallen forward, the corner has bled, and you will come over the top.

Some call it staying back, others, one leggendess, others still, dynamic balance... I think you can get a feel for it in the following clip. The guy on the left is good.

MaciasHoward2.gif

How about hovers and I guess for the front leg-resistance
How would you describe the sequence of the guy on the left?

Dec 28, 2014
Bautista doesn't land with a blocked front foot. If anything it's open more than the norm.

TDS

Mar 11, 2010
Another Howard reference. Where the core pulse is engaging the hips.

Last edited:
Feb 26, 2012
Bautista doesn't land with a blocked front foot. If anything it's open more than the norm.

Not what I was referring to. Guess I used the wrong term. I actually see some hitters land on their big toe (front leg still turned in) because their hips are still coiled and then the front foot rotates open when the hips fire.

Oct 10, 2011
Pacific Northwest
Not what I was referring to. Guess I used the wrong term. I actually see some hitters land on their big toe (front leg still turned in) because their hips are still coiled and then the front foot rotates open when the hips fire.

This thread will wonder all over the place, but still possible for good info, if you persist playaction.

IMO, hips do not fire. the core fires.

If I show a ten year old sequence, it can be quite simple. rock the U, while you step open.
As opposed to stride and lay the barrel back toward catcher.

So on to MLB players:D

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rathouse