Tip N Rip - Swing Plane ???

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Aug 28, 2012
Not to be smart...the internet. I have a good memory. I also visit a couple of sites that have these gifs posted and I remember in what threads.

He means NoonTime :).

Game, I have my legacy / older GIFs on photobucket and the newer ones on the site in my sig. I'm sure there are some good free image hosting sites out there I just haven't kept up to date in the last year or so.

rdbass

It wasn't me.
Jun 5, 2010
Not here.
WaNole, isn't he swinging around his shoulders in the one handed clip? IOW's how would one adjust for pitches in and out within the zone?

I agree with TDS on this gif top hand only swing.
ceMeXA.gif

You would better served copying this swing.
br2_slow_zpsnmsrmcht.gif

Your main focus should be on the rear leg usage.
15il2s.gif

Last edited:
Oct 10, 2011
Pacific Northwest
Mann, the turning action will force you to pull around the ball. One should avoid trying to turn the shoulders.

You mean pull OFF the ball;)

Putting your knob inside the ball, is not just accomplished with the arms, the upper must turn also.

Are you saying its like pitching, fastpitch? stop, so whip happens?

TDS

Mar 11, 2010
You mean pull OFF the ball;)

Putting your knob inside the ball, is not just accomplished with the arms, the upper must turn also.

Are you saying its like pitching, fastpitch? stop, so whip happens?

No I am saying learn how to use the core to work the barrel in the sagittal plane.

Oct 10, 2011
Pacific Northwest
Mann, the turning action will force you to pull around the ball. One should avoid trying to turn the shoulders.

I'll try again.

yes, you resist shoulder turn, but it does happen, and, it happens MORE, in an inside pitch. It HAPPENS less, on an outside pitch.

squaring up on the ball, involves the shoulders.

I do understand the notion in your images.

Teaching the swing to youth or high school age girls, you probably should avoid words such as sagittal plane.

rdbass

It wasn't me.
Jun 5, 2010
Not here.
I'll try again.

yes, you resist shoulder turn, but it does happen, and, it happens MORE, in an inside pitch. It HAPPENS less, on an outside pitch.

squaring up on the ball, involves the shoulders.

I do understand the notion in your images.

Teaching the swing to youth or high school age girls, you probably should avoid words such as sagittal plane.

Yeah, them big words that I have to look up to see what the poster is talking about. Might not work for the DD's.
See if this might work:
Pujols-Right-Left-Sides.jpg

albert_pujols1-Right-Left.jpg

So, I have learned that the 'Sagittal plane' just means the right side (right hand batter).
Donaldson_sideslow_zpsm6cdemcp.gif

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Momma2ma