Help with this issue

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jan 6, 2009
Chehalis, Wa
Ok, I don’t like to see the back foot sliding or hopping forward on every swing. Even though she is back her forward movement is a little strong, a little out front with the barrel at contact. She loses some stretch of the spirals between the lowerbody and upper body.

Nov 26, 2020
Ok, I don’t like to see the back foot sliding or hopping forward on every swing. Even though she is back her forward movement is a little strong, a little out front with the barrel at contact. She loses some stretch of the spirals between the lowerbody and upper body.
Agreed

Sep 17, 2009
30 -10. Bats always look big in her hands in videos.
Yeah, I thought she was doing an overload drill with a heavy wooden bat lol (is it wood, sort of looks like it?). Young kids drag the bat even when they don't technically have bat drag :)

On the 16 lesson thing, I've been there with hopes of making big leaps in an offseason. Work is ALWAYS good because 1) it gets them used to working and 2) repetition is definitely needed to make swing thoughts automatic and means she won't have to start over from scratch again and again.

That said, don't expect a big leap in an individual offseason because like you indicated she won't change physically in an offseason. Big leaps come more slowly as she grows and she combines her mechanics with maturity.

Simple front-toss is good enough for pros so imagine it's good enough for your DD as the basis of her work. Mixing things up is good for learning how to make adjustments with a working swing, but you need a confident, repeatable working swing first, IMO. Good luck to her.

Nov 26, 2020
Yeah, I thought she was doing an overload drill with a heavy wooden bat lol (is it wood, sort of looks like it?). Young kids drag the bat even when they don't technically have bat drag :)

On the 16 lesson thing, I've been there with hopes of making big leaps in an offseason. Work is ALWAYS good because 1) it gets them used to working and 2) repetition is definitely needed to make swing thoughts automatic and means she won't have to start over from scratch again and again.

That said, don't expect a big leap in an individual offseason because like you indicated she won't change physically in an offseason. Big leaps come more slowly as she grows and she combines her mechanics with maturity.

Simple front-toss is good enough for pros so imagine it's good enough for your DD as the basis of her work. Mixing things up is good for learning how to make adjustments with a working swing, but you need a confident, repeatable working swing first, IMO. Good luck to her.
Thanks Rich. It's the 2020 Ghost Double Barrel. It's her practice bat so it has some nice wear and tear on it. Definitely just looking for repetition and there is no offseason here in Florida.

Apr 20, 2018
SoCal
Posture isn’t right yet. She will still need tweaks to her set up so she can adjust to pitches. Throwing soft front toss as a drill is worthless. Either tee it up or make front toss game like. Learn the pattern, test the pattern. Rinse, repeat.
I can't throw 62 mph. Help!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bookish