Help with this issue

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Nov 26, 2020
When Marcela was younger we hit wiffles a lot in the (3 car) garage in the winter (if you don't mind the noise of the balls hitting the garage door it is fine..). I still do that with my younger sons now and when we hit outside at home in the summer we do that as well. Anywhere balls are probably better but a little more expensive.
Our org has a ton of the Sklz impact balls that I can borrow.

Oct 2, 2017
Our org has a ton of the Sklz impact balls that I can borrow.
Thats what I use in the drive way all the time. Bad part is that the black blends in with the ground, and makes it hard to find them sometimes LOL Luckily our neighbors are friggin awesome! They will throw on our porch when they find them LOL

Jun 8, 2016
Make sure you use your net as protection if you use the skillz balls..they still hurt if you take one to the eyeball.

Oct 13, 2014
South Cali
We probably do too much close in soft toss in practice which makes her want to be in early load position. We actually flattened out her swing a bit to stop the pop ups and we get this (see video). Which is perfectly on time, on the barrel and then cuts across it losing power. Very frustrating.

fiattening a swing is doom. It ensures around the ball. Think of the hips and hands. Then think centripetal to centrifugal. The hips will turn left BUT if they’re flat. Everything will be around the ball. The hips need to stay tilted into launch. We swing on an axis (pelvis and spine). Not around our ankles.

get the set up somewhat like this. Notice the hip line from start into finish. Tilted. Never flat. Great posture. A good start was the spine and shin angle match at set up.. then load around the spine.

1639759024392.gif

Jun 8, 2016
So I take it you lose a bunch too since you can't find them :ROFLMAO:
I don't lose too many..I am anal about retrieving them whenever possible. The ones that go into the neighbors yards go into the backyard which has a gate so I don't go and get them from there. We probably lose 3 or 4 a year, mostly from them running down the road into the sewer.

Oct 26, 2019
Just chiming in - I think what is missing in her swing is intent to do damage and not so much mechanics. It’s just not very violent/aggressive looking in the game clips.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hgielaz01