Emily's Dream

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Feb 3, 2010
Pac NW
Thank you for these kind words. I am already wondering, "Can't she play at some level, with a facemask and helmet on?"
What can she play? Track and Field? Swimming? Biking?

Could coaching be in her future?

How about bowling? I know a couple girls (both pitchers) who were cut from their HS b-ball and softball teams and joined the bowling team. One last year and one this year. The girl from last year joined the C team as a freshman a couple weeks late due to b-ball tryouts. She'd never bowled before other than the occasional birthday party or family outing. Within a few weeks she bumped a kid off JV. After a few more weeks, she bumped a girl off varsity. They went into districts with a losing record. They won districts, then found themselves headed to the 4A state championships. They walked away with both the team and individual titles. Now they're talking about scholarships and full rides! Whodathunk!

Last edited:

redhotcoach

Out on good behavior
May 8, 2009
Nano... I am so very sorry to hear this. How heart breaking for her! Glad she has such a great relationship with her dad.

I pray God has wonderful new plans for you both!

P.S. archery is a great dad and dd sport...not girly...competitive...equipment cost a fortune, just like softball!

Last edited:
Nov 26, 2010
Michigan
So sorry to hear about this. I along with everyone who had heard your dds story was rooting for her to play this year. If she can't play I hope one day to see Emily posting on this board about a 10U team she is coaching, something that can get her into the game she loves.

So sorry to hear this. It is heartbreaking when you have to give up something you love.

Is golf an option? I picked up golf at age 15 after playing baseball up until then. I made it to a small NAIA college on pretty much a full scholarship.

Best wishes, and hope you find something else you and your DD can enjoy.

Jun 24, 2009
Thank you for contributing to this forum.Keep your head up!Y'all will find something else to do.
Emily is still in our prayers.

Oct 3, 2011
Right Here For Now
You and your family will remain in our prayers. We are so sorry to hear the news of a dream lost but maybe this is the beginning of a new dream for her. We hope everything works out in the end as it should. We wish you, your family and especially Emily good luck in future endeavors. Please don't be a stranger and stop back to post us now and then.

Shawn

Apr 6, 2012
It's so hard to watch a dream you and she have had for so long disappear. I am sure that she will find something she loves and will do that with the same passion and talent as she had for softball.

Who knows, this may be the path that leads her to something she has been meant to do. As they say, The Lord works in mysterious ways. Best wishes for you and her!

Nov 29, 2009
nano.. I think you used the wrong terminology when you said your daughter walked away from the game. Walking away infers doing it on your terms. Unfortunately, the forces of chance manipulated your daughter's decision. It truly is a devastating outcome your daughter was faced with and I do feel her loss.

However, on the plus side. You still have her to hold. To laugh with. To cry with. To fight with. To experience life with. And most importantly, to love with.

Recommended Therapy: Find a team to coach. Be it a rec team, travel team or in between team. Be an Assistant or Head Coach. It doesn't matter. Have your daughter help you. It will be hard at first emotionally for the both of you. But in the end I think it will give the two of you a chance to still be together on a field working as a team. I know for myself coaching a team helps keep me thinking young. Coaching with my daughter is especially fun. It's the same but different. We're working together but with a different goal in sight.

I know it sounds cliche... One door has closed and another has opened for her. Step through it and see what life has in store.

I wish your daughter all the health and and happiness she can find in life.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fpmithi