Pitching velo

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 13, 2023
that was mine..woohoo

What argument is this one supporting? @LEsoftballdad was making the case that most 13YO boys cannot hit 94 fastballs so it would make sense that most 14YO girls would have a hard time hitting a 65 mph fastball so I have a feeling sharing what you shared isn't supporting your view on that..
Just adding details to the conversation.
More accurate swing speed detail.

Jun 8, 2016
Btw the math on that chart doesn't make sense unless they are using some average release point and not pitching rubber distance ( (65/43)*60.5=91.45 not 94..)

Jun 8, 2016
The most overmatched I ever seen hitters in my life was when I went and watched a kid, who I later played Legion with and who eventually pitched in MLB, pitch in LL. He was throwing 80 from 46 ft....against 9-12 YO. People would literally cheer when somebody hit a foul ball... :ROFLMAO:

Jun 19, 2020
Spin and speed both matter, and I agree that 65 with no movement will get hit. We never saw 65 in 14U at any national tourney. We did in 16's and it was difficult to deal with, but that specific pitcher moved it and changed speeds. The frustrating thing is that 65 seems to be the new gold standard for top level college programs, and I understand it from a coaches perspective. A lot of very good pitchers get put on a back burner during the recruiting process. Our priorities were location, spin, then speed. Some views vary on which is more important. We didn't get to mid sixties until sophomore year and it followed a large growth spurt.