Pitching velo

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 13, 2023
_Screenshot_20230520-194633_Chrome.jpg
___________________________________Screenshot_20230520-194530_Chrome.jpg

Just adding to the bat speed conversation.

Showing bat speeds in college and younger ages, for women and men can be very similar.

May 18, 2019
I cannot keep track of the arguments in this thread. Can somebody post a review?
Speed rules. No spin rules. My girl girl has both and will beat your flame thrower. Show your cards breh. Baseball players are better than softball players. Big yellow balls are easier to hit. Big bats beat big yellow balls. Fast swings beat big yellow balls.

May 13, 2023
Yeah, elite baseball swings, such as Mike Trout, measure near or above 100 MPH, and that's with a 34-31 bat. You won't find a female on this planet with a swing speed close to that.
To share to the bat speed conversation that was going on
I posted the average bat speeds of a comparison of college men/women and youth players because it is more commonly accurate than selecting one of the fastest bat speeds in the MLB and comparing it to the conversation.

Which then applies to the part of the conversation that was about reaction time.
my point, to hit the ball timing is timing regardless of what speed is being pitched. Or the distance is being pitched from.

Jun 8, 2016
Show your cards breh.
that was mine..woohoo
To share to the bat speed conversation that was going on
I posted the average bat speeds of a comparison of college men/women and youth players because it is more commonly accurate than selecting one of the fastest bat speeds in the MLB and comparing it to the conversation.
What argument is this one supporting? @LEsoftballdad was making the case that most 13YO boys cannot hit 94 mph fastballs so it would make sense that most 14YO girls would have a hard time hitting a 65 mph fastball so I have a feeling sharing what you shared isn't supporting your view on that (which is typically that speed doesn't matter..)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robertsonwhitney45