DW upset about tournaments

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Apr 1, 2010
So the showcase choices are good for one girl and bad for your girl. What about the other players on the team? Are they happy with the status quo or would they support a more diverse set of showcases?

Last edited:
Oct 10, 2011
choices

2 are already signed and one had multiple D1 offers and will probably sign soon. A couple aren't playing in college. I'm not sure how the others feel as we just found out yesterday.

Feb 17, 2014
Orlando, FL
You need to find another team. Why in the world do you have girls going to showcases that are not playing college ball? Get on a team that is serious about getting players to next level. This is no longer about playing with friends. This is serious business and you only have 1 shot to get it right.

Apr 5, 2013
Back on the dirt...
You need to find another team. Why in the world do you have girls going to showcases that are not playing college ball? Get on a team that is serious about getting players to next level. This is no longer about playing with friends. This is serious business and you only have 1 shot to get it right.

I'm no expert but this sounds right to me unless you have no other local options.

Oct 10, 2011
team

We drive 1:15 to get to practice lol. DD wanted to stay till the end of this year because she loves the girls. She's a 2016. BTW the 2 girls that aren't playing in college are going to Ivy League schools and thought it would be too much.

JAD

Feb 20, 2012
Georgia
How old is your DD? What position does she play? Is she a D1 talent? D2? D3? See if you can find a team who is looking for guest players in the tournaments she wants to play in. Here is a link to a great source of information for teams in GA that are looking for players. Once showcase season starts (after CWS) thing will get a little crazy because players that are already committed do not always want to spend the time and money to do some of the high $ showcases.

GeorgiaCoachesCorner.com • Index page

Greenmonsters

Wannabe Duck Boat Owner
Feb 21, 2009
New England
2 are already signed and one had multiple D1 offers and will probably sign soon. A couple aren't playing in college. I'm not sure how the others feel as we just found out yesterday.

Probably worth finding out. Sounds like it might be just 1 kid driving the showcase schedule. IMO, it makes more sense for that kid to try to guest play her target showcases than it does for the rest of the team to get dragged around to play in front of schools they have no interest in. And for those who have signed and/or have confirmed college plans, fewer/closer tournaments probably would be preferred as long as the quality of ball is good.

Dec 20, 2012
Find the tournaments that would benefit your dd, then get a list of the teams that are entered in those tournaments. Start sending emails to head coaches. You will find teams that need players for whatever reason. You may find a team that could use her for multiple tournaments. Plus a college coach seeing she can adapt and play well with other teams is a huge plus. They will get to see some of the little things that set her apart from other players. They would not get to see these qualities if she was with her normal team in a comfortable situation.

Oct 10, 2011
Thanks for all of the good suggestions. DD has already started talking to the other girls to see what they think and she'll try to contact her #1 choice to see what tournaments they will be at. They are a small D1 school and they showed interest in her at their clinic. They might be at Pennsbury for the clinic, but I'm not sure.
Oh, the coaches DD signed about 3 weeks ago, so I'm sure that's another reason he doesn't care if we stay closer to home for the majority of the tournaments.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mooneyham6877