Ducks on the pond

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 7, 2012
Love the expression "duck snort" to describe that mis-hit that falls in just behind the infielders for a hit.

To an umpire who has a problem with your previous comment: "Guess it's true - when your eyesight goes your hearing gets better to compensate."

To a player not going after a ball: "Did you pay good money for that seat?" And "The only thing you're missing out there is a box of popcorn."

Duck Snort or Texas Leaguer, which one is your FAV?

Oct 25, 2009
Tie goes to the runner. Wrong! Tie goes to the umpire!

When someone says "that's not fair!" I always respond "The fair doesn't come until October!"

Jun 25, 2011
Boise , ID
"That girl came clean out of her shoes swinging at a change up ."

"Feel free to slide honey ...... Your Mom will do the laundry."(Me to my DD after the OF bounced one off her helmet as she was running into home standing up. My Wife was not amused )

"I don't care if you catch it or not sweetie , I just need you to be able to protect yourself if it comes your way." (To the girl in CF doing pea pickers during a game)

Last edited:
Aug 10, 2010
NEVER heard this one before this weekend in my 35 plus years around baseball and softball..., and would like to hear if anyone else ever heard it..I believe it was the mother of an opposing team that shouted "Get the chicken off the grill, I am ready for steak!". At that point their team had a couple of runners in scoring position so I am thinking that this was her version of ducks on the pond.

Jan 25, 2011
NEVER heard this one before this weekend in my 35 plus years around baseball and softball..., and would like to hear if anyone else ever heard it..I believe it was the mother of an opposing team that shouted "Get the chicken off the grill, I am ready for steak!". At that point their team had a couple of runners in scoring position so I am thinking that this was her version of ducks on the pond.
Never heard that one before,but all a sudden I'am hungry???

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MooreAH06