It's softball season!!!

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Aug 5, 2022
Pre season workouts and then practice starts 3/6 it was 67 degrees on weds but the coach couldn’t change up his routine to take advantage of it and they hit lite flights in the gym….forehead slap. Take what the spring gives you in the Midwest and enjoy!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dec 19, 2021
DD2 is already 3 tourneys in (2 Jan and 1 Feb). DD1 had 1 tourney in Jan and the other was rained out, and is in the TB blackout for HS ball.

HS season is on, so the older girls had tryouts last week, the team is set, and the first games are next Wednesday.

Oct 4, 2018
DD2 is already 3 tourneys in (2 Jan and 1 Feb). DD1 had 1 tourney in Jan and the other was rained out, and is in the TB blackout for HS ball.

HS season is on, so the older girls had tryouts last week, the team is set, and the first games are next Wednesday.

You in FL or CA? :p

Dec 19, 2021
You in FL or CA? :p
AZ. 😁

It WAS 32F at our house a couple nights ago, but will be low 70's next couple days. Forecast says high of mid 50s opening day. People really bundle up and use propane heaters when its super cold, you know, like in the 50s 😝.

SB goes late Aug (ugh) to May then everyone plays in northern AZ (5k -7k feet) or out of state for the summer. Was thrilled when in Aug DD1's coach said they werent even practicing until late Sept when temps were down to the low 100's.

Dec 15, 2018
CT
Finally starting in CT…HS tryouts are complete. First day (Monday) DD started with a bang, forgetting her cleats at home, and having mom deliver them 45 seconds before warmups started.

24 girls tried out, no one was cut (i.e. all made either JV or V), none of the 6 Freshman (all very solid TB players) made varsity. The basic message delivered to all of them in the individual meetings yesterday was – you’re a good player, nothing is permanent, but unless you were dropping bombs in live hitting, you weren’t making Varsity. That said, they’ll have an excellent JV team and get plenty of reps.

Jun 8, 2016
Finally starting in CT…HS tryouts are complete. First day (Monday) DD started with a bang, forgetting her cleats at home, and having mom deliver them 45 seconds before warmups started.

24 girls tried out, no one was cut (i.e. all made either JV or V), none of the 6 Freshman (all very solid TB players) made varsity. The basic message delivered to all of them in the individual meetings yesterday was – you’re a good player, nothing is permanent, but unless you were dropping bombs in live hitting, you weren’t making Varsity. That said, they’ll have an excellent JV team and get plenty of reps.
Were the Varsity players "dropping bombs" in live hitting?

Dec 15, 2018
CT
Were the Varsity players "dropping bombs" in live hitting?

Excellent question. Off of the freshman pitcher, a few of the all-conference players were apparently hitting very well (not sure any "bombs" were dropped), and according to my DD, as a group they definitely hit "better", but I wasn't there, so can't say for sure.

Jun 8, 2016
Excellent question. Off of the freshman pitcher, a few of the all-conference players were apparently hitting very well (not sure any "bombs" were dropped), and according to my DD, as a group they definitely hit "better", but I wasn't there, so can't say for sure.
Not a fan of cast systems in sports..not saying that was going on..just saying. Evaluate what is front of your eyes and then if something is "too close to call" use other factors..(like experience).

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kbeagles