Diamond 9 Fall Sun Classic?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Mar 28, 2014
Totally missed the point of the post which really had little to do with big showcases, but a poor strategy with respect to recruiting. My DD was recruited by SC at D9. But her being there and the coach being there to see her pitch was not an accident. If you are there hoping for an accident you need to step up your recruiting game. Coaches are there for a reason. Is your DD one of those reasons?
I thought she went to Juco first then to SC?

Mar 28, 2014
Yes. She threw at D9 her Freshman year so SC (Cal Beamon) could see her.
Ok I was confused because I thought you had said that her Juco coach arranged a scrimmage against SC so their coach could see her and she shut them down. I'm getting poster's DD's confused.

Feb 17, 2014
Orlando, FL
Ok I was confused because I thought you had said that her Juco coach arranged a scrimmage against SC so their coach could see her and she shut them down. I'm getting poster's DD's confused.
If you are keeping a scorecard, she threw at D9 in June, against SC in October, offical vist and offer in November.

But, again my point is that if your DD is not one of the reasons the coaches are at a showcase, if they are not there to see her you are wasting big money at a big showcase.

Mar 28, 2014
If you are keeping a scorecard, she threw at D9 in June, against SC in October, offical vist and offer in November.

But, again my point is that if your DD is not one of the reasons the coaches are at a showcase, if they are not there to see her you are wasting big money at a big showcase.
Slow your roll there guy. No need to get smart. I was asking the questions for educational purposes only. I have a Pitcher DD and was honestly curious about your DD's experience.

And you're making blanket statements here that just aren't factual. There have already been several people chime in that they know of kids that were "discovered", for lack of a better term, at one of these showcases and I know of several myself.

Last edited:
Feb 17, 2014
Orlando, FL
Slow your roll there guy. No need to get smart. I was asking the questions for educational purposes only. I have a Pitcher DD and was honestly curious about your DD's experience.

And you're making blanket statements here that just aren't factual. There have already been several people chime in that they know of kids that were "discovered", for lack of a better term, at one of these showcases and I know of several myself.
Your DD is in a good position especially if she can hit since programs always need pitchers.

Yes, it happens where a kid just goes to showcases and gets "discovered". Just like winning the lottery or sitting on a bar stool and becoming a movie star. But if that is your primary plan the odds are not in your favor. The schools that window shop at showcases are typically schools of last resort. Like the player they do not have much going and are hoping for the best.

Feb 15, 2017
How does it make a team and or girl look good getting the snot pounded out of them by the Hotshots who think went 7-0 and gave up 2 runs while scoring 62?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Mar 28, 2014
How does it make a team and or girl look good getting the snot pounded out of them by the Hotshots who think went 7-0 and gave up 2 runs while scoring 62?

College coaches don't care about the team and wins or losses. They are looking at individual players so if a player looked good in the game it helped her because it proves she can compete against the best. And vice versa.

Feb 15, 2017
So how did any of those teams look good scoring two runs while giving up 62?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fpmithi