No Fall Recruiting?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

radness

Possibilities & Opportunities!
Dec 13, 2019
Not to kick travel ball coaches in the leg but they aren't all the best communicators about their players. Sometimes over inflated commentary. And or talking about stuff that the college coach may not be interested in.

Then there are travel coaches that don't promote all of their players equally.
And may not clearly know academic interests of each player.

imo, a player being able to promote themselves can very likely be the most important resource to connecting with colleges!!!

May 27, 2013
Not to kick travel ball coaches in the leg but they aren't all the best communicators about their players. Sometimes over inflated commentary.

Absolutely agree with you on this - definitely have met a few TB coaches who will overinflate a player’s talent and/or character just to get that D1 commit posted on their Web site. Or, to go even further, push a player hard for D1 when it isn’t in the player’s best interest or what they even want in a college program.

Hopefully most are pretty honest though, otherwise it would be a bad look for them if they over-promote players who turn out to be duds.

May 27, 2022
I mentioned before, but in Iowa, the HS Season runs from 1May to Mid July (+/- a week depending on how far you get in post season).

This schedule already hampers players' ability to get seen. Eliminating fall visits would exasperate that challenge.

radness

Possibilities & Opportunities!
Dec 13, 2019
I mentioned before, but in Iowa, the HS Season runs from 1May to Mid July (+/- a week depending on how far you get in post season).

This schedule already hampers players' ability to get seen. Eliminating fall visits would exasperate that challenge.
That similar dilemma happens with players end of May for cif and June who have to choose to stay with their hs team or go to the tb team tournament or go to a camp.

And that decision occurs during fall winter also.

Probably no one decision would accommodate everybody. 🤷‍♀️

Dec 2, 2013
Texas

Not eliminating fall visits. Eliminating recruiting via showcases as I understand it. Coaches would prefer to get the players to their campuses. Takes care of getting the player on campus, take a tour, make an offer.

LEsoftballdad

DFP Vendor
Jun 29, 2021
NY
That similar dilemma happens with players end of May for cif and June who have to choose to stay with their hs team or go to the tb team tournament or go to a camp.

And that decision occurs during fall winter also.

Probably no one decision would accommodate everybody. 🤷‍♀️
Our school ball season ended in early June this year. Our problem was school finals and regents exams. My daughter's last Regents exam was Wednesday, June 22nd, this year. Her former team was at TNJ in Edison, NJ, from Wednesday through Saturday, but she had exams Wednesday, her sister's HS graduation Friday, and the party on Saturday. No amount of college coach exposure would have excused her from any of those events.

This June might be worse. We're scheduled for Top Gun in mid-June and TNJ in late June. Her final exam schedule will make it very tough to be there for all the days.

Dec 19, 2021
Our school ball season ended in early June this year. Our problem was school finals and regents exams. My daughter's last Regents exam was Wednesday, June 22nd, this year. Her former team was at TNJ in Edison, NJ, from Wednesday through Saturday, but she had exams Wednesday, her sister's HS graduation Friday, and the party on Saturday. No amount of college coach exposure would have excused her from any of those events.

This June might be worse. We're scheduled for Top Gun in mid-June and TNJ in late June. Her final exam schedule will make it very tough to be there for all the days.
We are on the opposite end if it. Out before Memorial Day, but some districts are back in before PGF starts. If course it is much easier to skip out on a week of school at the start of term.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kbeagles