No Fall Recruiting?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Aug 5, 2022
Transfer portal, college camps, live games feeds, and summer nationals,
All that is needed for colleges to recruit.

Since players are already in line with putting together their individual bios and sending video. Colleges traveling is unnecessary. Summer Nationals will get them a chance to see in person. Maybe Summer Nationals won't even matter

Disagree. I do think there is some value to seeing a kid in person a few times. There are definitely intangibles that aren’t clear on the live game feed. A lot of the online stuff and things coaches are sent is worthless because it’s just a highlight reel. If you’re a good coach I’m sure you are looking more at movement and technique than the actual result of the play but still.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jun 8, 2016
Teams which have to travel a lot for Fall games might save money. Teams that don’t might end up losing money because with increased importance the TD of the summer tournaments will inevitably jack up the prices..

Sep 3, 2015
They have a So Cal team ranked 15th in the Nation that has a record of 12-21-1 this fall. Team is mediocre at best.

Probably because they won TC Nationals?

The only rankings I like are the US Club Rankings. Ranking performance of the teams rather than the individual which is subjective.

Quick brag: DDs old team is ranked 5th for both 18U categories on that site.

Point: This is a non franchised team, all players lived within about 50 miles, dues were low. Small org with 1 team per age group. And the 12u team won PGF, same coach. Fall schedule was 2 Socal trips and the rest local (we are in Norcal).

Dec 2, 2013
Texas
Disagree. I do think there is some value to seeing a kid in person a few times. There are definitely intangibles that aren’t clear on the live game feed. A lot of the online stuff and things coaches are sent is worthless because it’s just a highlight reel. If you’re a good coach I’m sure you are looking more at movement and technique than the actual result of the play but still.

There was a coach that kept coming by to watch my DD play. The coach told our recruiter. Every time I come see her play, she doesn't do anything. Sometimes that happens and maybe it can be for the good.

Dec 2, 2013
Texas
They have a So Cal team ranked 15th in the Nation that has a record of 12-21-1 this fall. Team is mediocre at best.
They used to use a rolling 3 year period to average the rankings. With Covid it looks to be a little off and there are a bunch of ties. For those teams that are awesome in their neighborhood with a 49-3 record and complain they don't get ranked, they need to play in ranked tourneys. That's why it's National rankings not regional rankings. Those players on those teams can still get recruited. Some cases they get committed and are told to get on a ranked team to compete.

LEsoftballdad

DFP Vendor
Jun 29, 2021
NY
All the rankings are dumb..A new Twitter account just popped up in the last month which started ranking OK HS age kids..no idea who the people are..could be some 15 YO in his basement fishing for dates for all I know..Yet all the orgs have ate it up, posting them to their social media accounts.

My daughter played with a girl last summer who was ranked #90s in the class of 2025 as a pitcher in Extra Innings 2022 rankings. She hadn't pitched since her second year of 12U with any regularity, so how exactly was she ranked at all?

Dec 2, 2013
Texas
Jun 8, 2016
Is Marcela ranked yet? If not, it's definitely a sham.
Lol..she is only in 7th grade…that thing is only doing HS age so I give them kudos for that at least 😂. Her team’s best pitcher is on there for 2026’s.

There are other rankings that have done her grad year and even if she was worthy of a ranking neither her coach or I care enough about them to nominate her..lol. Plus a nomination from me might not be too helpful “Quick hands but needs work on hitting a pitch on the outer half. Good range but throwing mechanics need work if she is going to stay at SS. Good speed but baserunning instincts lacking” 😜

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kbeagles