Travel ball high school balance

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 9, 2018
Texas
Pattar, have you ever watched the SP games? I am just wondering how they are different to FP in the middle school and high school setting.

Jun 8, 2016
Pattar, have you ever watched the SP games? I am just wondering how they are different to FP in the middle school and high school setting.
No I have never seen more than an AB or two of SP in my life, MS,HS or beer league 😂

Before last year I think there were a ton of HR at the HS level as they are played on FP fields. Last year I think they limited the sort of bats they can use…from what I heard it helped a little bit in that regards. Still a ton of runs..

The HS coaches try to sell SP by saying the FP players can get plenty of fielding reps playing HS SP….

Last edited:

LEsoftballdad

DFP Vendor
Jun 29, 2021
NY
No I have never seen more than an AB or two of SP in my life, MS,HS or beer league 😂

Before last year I think there were a ton of HR at the HS level as they are played on FP fields. Last year I think they limited the sort of bats they can use…from what I heard it helped a little bit in that regards. Still a ton of runs..

The HS coaches try to sell SP by saying the FP players can get plenty of fielding reps playing HS SP….
These gorillas hit the ball 450' in these beer leagues. They now restrict them to a certain number per game or they get penalized.

Jan 28, 2017
Live in FL and TB can be year round by FHSAA rules. Her HS team made it to the finals last season and they practice really hard. DD is a junior with a few JUCO offers as a pitcher. You have to practice a lot as everyone knows if you pitch. Even though we live in FL., my DD plays for a team in AL. and there rules are different and you can't play TB during the HS season. This helps with not over throwing, IMO. We tried to find a team that plays somewhat local and somewhat bigger tournaments and also a team that she could play in the field (better pitcher than hitter). Hard to line all that up. I don't she plays to much or to little. She hardly ever picks up. Once this year with a former team that she loves the players and coaches and probably 3x in her life (They are mostly a year younger). Totally leave that up to her. One negative with playing so much- it's hard to work on an issue that she could possible correct without reverting back during games and of course burn out and injury.

radness

Possibilities & Opportunities!
Dec 13, 2019
Live in FL and TB can be year round by FHSAA rules. Her HS team made it to the finals last season and they practice really hard. DD is a junior with a few JUCO offers as a pitcher. You have to practice a lot as everyone knows if you pitch. Even though we live in FL., my DD plays for a team in AL. and there rules are different and you can't play TB during the HS season. This helps with not over throwing, IMO. We tried to find a team that plays somewhat local and somewhat bigger tournaments and also a team that she could play in the field (better pitcher than hitter). Hard to line all that up. I don't she plays to much or to little. She hardly ever picks up. Once this year with a former team that she loves the players and coaches and probably 3x in her life (They are mostly a year younger). Totally leave that up to her. One negative with playing so much-

it's hard to work on an issue that she could possible correct without reverting back during games
Little suggestion maybe she's already trying this 🤷‍♀️

Self awareness to the 'oops moment' and mental imaging can help the next moment before she's going to throw the pitch she's glitching on.

Take a deep breath, exhale, see ourself doing the correct motion and try again. Whether it's a game or off the field use that mental moment!
Hitting can have that same dilemma.
Repetitive things that need to be corrected.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cputman12