Demonstrating a product with an illegal pitch

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

halskinner

Banned
May 7, 2008
This is why I am a Hillhouse fan. He teaches exactly what he does himself. Finch does not. She teaches the "Hello elbow" thing at clinics but she does NOTHING like that when she pitches in games. It's ridiculous. That said, it's easy to laugh at this video and call the pitch illegal but, I see this as a very marginal call. Her front foot does shuffle forward but I think if the heel would've been down on the ground, she'd have been in contact with the rubber. And all of you guys that sit on buckets and shake your heads at this have obviously never tried pitching yourself. In a game or on a field. Holes in the ground prevent a pitcher from sometimes doing things with 100% correctness. I've tried it. Pitching indoors as she is doing here is totally different from being outside. I just think many on here should legitmately try it before you cast stones.

Uh, George,,, I have tried it myself and I have taught it myself.

It is illegal in international rules, but never enforced, until last summer and then it was sporadic at best. She is trying to teach what will not get them IP'd, and she is having a rough time of it cause it's not what she does in games at her level.

sneakysoftballpitching.com

Mar 13, 2010
Jenny Finch is illegal as hell, but at this point in her life, she's not going to change. She is doing good by not passing it on though, which I think is commendable.

I'm with ShockCoach. I went and bought a bit of cast off carpet and painted a line. Works wonders!

Mar 18, 2009
La Crosse WI
Jenny also is inconsistent in the 3 pitches delivered in the video -- her stride foot lands at 3 different locations, but not on the powerline as she should be.
jim

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fpmithi