Illegal pitch in Supers?? VA Tech vs UCLA

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

radness

Possibilities & Opportunities!
Dec 13, 2019
No, I completely agree! I didn't watch a UCLA team with Garcia pitching last night! And VT did their homework, they came to play!
VT did their homework!...
and applied STRATEGY from the circle 👍
(catcher calling the game too!!! Well thats what i heard )

Appears ucla batters didnt make mental adjustments in the box...
Maybe that affected defensive stability?!
Rattle Rattle

Feb 20, 2020
My beloved Gators can't hit. Haven't been able to hit for three years, ever since Walton lost Rocha to OU and brought in his baseball-coaching pal to be our hitting coach. We play to get on base, not to score -- tons of walks, tons of HBPs, but only two good hitters. Like someone said about the difference between A teams and Elite A teams is 7-9 in the lineup, that's the case in the NCAAs, too. Without a dominant pitcher, we're toast. And God, I hate losing to Georgia in anything. Plus FSU has already moved on. Not a great day around my house. :)

That JMU pitcher is fun to watch. Zips the ball every time. If Washington was going to get OU, yesterday was the the day.

Softball on ABC today. Ought to watch for no reason than boost the ratings and maybe we get more in the future.

Here's my predictions
UCLA -- VT can't ride her forever
OU -- Because they hit the ball too damn well
Okie State -- Just better than Texas
LSU (yes, I know they already lost, but maybe the government will intercede somehow)
The Gators but mostly because I can't make my fingers type UGA
Bama -- Almost as good as OU, and they cheat at everything so they'll win
JMU -- Odyssey is just too fun to watch
Arizona because Arky has been a hoax all year.

So that's two Pac 12, Two SEC, two Big 12, an ACC and a non-P5. Parity all around.

radness

Possibilities & Opportunities!
Dec 13, 2019
My beloved Gators can't hit. Haven't been able to hit for three years, ever since Walton lost Rocha to OU and brought in his baseball-coaching pal to be our hitting coach.

We play to get on base, not to score -- tons of walks, tons of HBPs, but only two good hitters. Like someone said about the difference between A teams and Elite A teams is 7-9 in the lineup, that's the case in the NCAAs, too. Without a dominant pitcher, we're toast. And God, I hate losing to Georgia in anything. Plus FSU has already moved on. Not a great day around my house. :)

That JMU pitcher is fun to watch. Zips the ball every time. If Washington was going to get OU, yesterday was the the day.

Softball on ABC today. Ought to watch for no reason than boost the ratings and maybe we get more in the future.

Here's my predictions
LSU (yes, I know they already lost, but maybe the government will intercede somehow)

So that's two Pac 12, Two SEC, two Big 12, an ACC and a non-P5. Parity all around.
Like to read folks paying attention!

Those predications are fun and reasonable!

Jun 8, 2016
My beloved Gators can't hit. Haven't been able to hit for three years, ever since Walton lost Rocha to OU and brought in his baseball-coaching pal to be our hitting coach. We play to get on base, not to score -- tons of walks, tons of HBPs, but only two good hitters. Like someone said about the difference between A teams and Elite A teams is 7-9 in the lineup, that's the case in the NCAAs, too. Without a dominant pitcher, we're toast. And God, I hate losing to Georgia in anything. Plus FSU has already moved on. Not a great day around my house. :)

Here's my predictions

Did Rocha work with the hitters at Florida because I think she works mainly with the pitchers at OU.

Feb 20, 2020
No, she was the pitching coach. He brought in the coach from Syracuse to replace her, but to me it signaled a sea-change for the program. I don't love replacing female coaches with male ones, and Rocha had been seen as the natural successor/replacement for Walton. But she was so smart at the game she kept Walton away form his more cowardly instincts and didn't let him rely totally on the pitchers -- she was a big advocate that they needed offensive support. When she left and he replaced her with another yes-man, he just tries to win them all with defense and pitching, which kinda worked when you had Barnhill, Ocassio and Gourley, worked less when you just had Barnhill and Occasio and didn't work with just Barnhill. Plus, they had Lorenz who just hit the ball, but she was a holdover from the old attitude. Lindylman is like that, too, but she also came up in a different program.

Dec 11, 2010
No, she was the pitching coach. He brought in the coach from Syracuse to replace her, but to me it signaled a sea-change for the program. I don't love replacing female coaches with male ones, and Rocha had been seen as the natural successor/replacement for Walton. But she was so smart at the game she kept Walton away form his more cowardly instincts and didn't let him rely totally on the pitchers -- she was a big advocate that they needed offensive support. When she left and he replaced her with another yes-man, he just tries to win them all with defense and pitching, which kinda worked when you had Barnhill, Ocassio and Gourley, worked less when you just had Barnhill and Occasio and didn't work with just Barnhill. Plus, they had Lorenz who just hit the ball, but she was a holdover from the old attitude. Lindylman is like that, too, but she also came up in a different program.
This is a great evaluation. Florida is not the same bomb dropping steam roller they used to be. Even Lyndaman, who seeemed like a blueprint Florida hitter has not looked comfortable in the box to me all year.

Nov 25, 2012
USA

Here's my predictions

Love this explanation of what is going on. I agree with almost all of them. Great post!!!

S3

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Go_Ask_Mom