Illegal pitch in Supers?? VA Tech vs UCLA

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Nov 25, 2012
USA
Anyone watching the VA Tech vs UCLA game? VA TECH pitcher (RH) lining up on the far right. I have seen her step outside the pitching lane with absolutely no contact at least 3 times now at top of 2. The chalk is long gone but she has clearly missed it at least 3 times with no illegal pitch call.

I have UCLA like almost everyone moving on to the World Series but wouldn't mind an upset at all.

Anyone else seeing this?

S3

Last edited:
Nov 25, 2012
USA
Wow, Garcia getting hit pretty good in this Super. I love Garcia and one of my favorite pitchers of all time. Just surprised VA Tech is hitting so well. They are on fire for sure.

Jul 5, 2016
Anyone watching the VA Tech vs UCLA game? VA TECH pitcher (RH) lining up on the far right. I have seen her step outside the pitching lane with absolutely no contact at least 3 times now at top of 2. The chalk is long gone but she has clearly missed it at least 3 times with no illegal pitch call.

I have UCLA like almost everyone moving on to the World Series but wouldn't mind an upset at all.

Anyone else seeing this?

S3

The UCLA coaches could complain to the umpires, right? I am sure somebody on the UCLA side noticed this so would there be a reason they aren't saying anything?

Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
Maybe...but it didn't help that UCLA's defense looked like Marcela's 12U team at times...heck there were 2 plays by Perez (one of them a non-play actually) that would have had me throwing my hat...
No, I completely agree! I didn't watch a UCLA team with Garcia pitching last night! And VT did their homework, they came to play!

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Go_Ask_Mom