Illegal pitch in Supers?? VA Tech vs UCLA

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 8, 2016
And @pattar, I've already told the wife and Anna I've got dibs on OK winning the whole thing this year! I'd love to see last nights VT team play OK!
We'll see how well they hit against Plain. With their pitching, they are going to have to score 4 or 5 runs against most everybody they play from here on out so it will be a matter of whether their batters can put up numbers against the best pitchers in the country.

Mar 4, 2015
New England
Congrats to the ACC with wins by FSU and VT yesterday. Although Duke and Clemson lost, I believe the former All Cupcake Conference is emerging as a solid softball conference, ahead of the Big 10 and Big 8 and chasing the SEC. This season, might actually be as strong as the Pac 12. Notre Dame also had a nice win in the tournament vs. Kentucky (I believe). Five really solid teams.

As for the illegal pitch, I'm not an expert on spotting stuff like that, but didn't see anything wrong. Didn't see every pitch. Remember that the camera angle isn't directly behind the pitcher (or else you couldn't see the batter). So a pitcher on the far right of the pitching plate might appear to be farther right on stride foot than she really is.

Dec 11, 2010
Congrats to the ACC with wins by FSU and VT yesterday. Although Duke and Clemson lost, I believe the former All Cupcake Conference is emerging as a solid softball conference, ahead of the Big 10 and Big 8 and chasing the SEC. This season, might actually be as strong as the Pac 12. Notre Dame also had a nice win in the tournament vs. Kentucky (I believe). Five really solid teams.

I love to see another conference emerging as a softball power. That’s good for everyone.

Big10 has to get it together. The state of Illinois is a great example of a state that exports great players to other parts of the country while the University of Illinois takes a lot of scraps from other states. The Illini should have an unstoppable college softball team.

Jun 8, 2016
i cannot lie, i am rooting heavily for washington to knock of OU
I am guessing that you share that sentiment with a good portion of the softball community who doesn't have some reason to root for OU. That said it isn't like UW is someone new to the scene...

Nov 20, 2020
SW Missouri
I'm conflicted with UW vs OU. We are an Oregon family so I inherently want to root against UW. But, would like to see a PAC-12 team succeed after the Ducks fell in Regionals.

And lets all remember......It's not illegal until an umpire says it is ;)

Jun 23, 2018
Texas
I would not be surprised to see Alabama win it all. After watching Fouts, she seems to be one a whole different level right now and they have bats to back her up.

Gabby's drop moves like nobody else's. If she can keep the ball on the ground against OU, UW has a shot. I just feel like there is a chance that OU's pitching will let them down at some point.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
winters3478