Getting the save without throwing a pitch?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Aug 19, 2020
Thanks to many years of playing fantasy baseball, I know when a save is awarded and when it's not. But trying to explain that to others is challenging...

"Well, if the number of outs she needed for the team to win exceeds the amount of baserunners and batters that could come to the plate if each of them got out... uhh, nevermind."
I wasted a lot of time back in college with fantasy baseball as well. Much more time consuming than football. Everyday looking to see matchups and who plays and who has monday/thursday off. Who's hot, trends and who's popular off waiver or free agents. If a closer gets hurt, you'll probably drop/add 2-3 other relievers over a week to find one that gets the closing opportunities. I don't know why I did it. Luckily I had kids(lol) and no time to continue anymore.

Oct 4, 2018
I wasted a lot of time back in college with fantasy baseball as well. Much more time consuming than football. Everyday looking to see matchups and who plays and who has monday/thursday off. Who's hot, trends and who's popular off waiver or free agents. If a closer gets hurt, you'll probably drop/add 2-3 other relievers over a week to find one that gets the closing opportunities. I don't know why I did it. Luckily I had kids(lol) and no time to continue anymore.

Exact same for me. Fun, addicting, but so time consuming.

Glad having a few rug rats broke my addiction.

Nov 18, 2013
Under NCAA softball rules the pitcher would get the save in that situation. It’s a stat they keep, but it’s nowhere near as common as in baseball. DD is the all time saves leader at her school with only nine. Sounds cool til you hear it’s single digits.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kyleighsdad