Dead Period Extended until 5/31/21 but....

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

radness

Possibilities & Opportunities!
Dec 13, 2019
Let me add this.
To the athletes who are already on college rosters.
And the coaches who are caught in the crossfire of
Extended eligibilty....
The h.s. graduating years of 2020 and 2021
Have some TREMENDOUS walk on talent comming to college who want to play...

Who are going to show up
TO CHALLENGE YOUR ROSTERS
AND BE HAPPY TO PLAY wether there is $$$$$ for them or not!!!

Good Luck To All involved!

Apr 28, 2014
The pandemic has obviously caused personal damage to so many, first and foremost those who have lost their lives.

But, the price paid by high school spring sports athletes, especially those trying to play in college, has been unfathomable.

Sad to see it and it's really harmed the fringe players who don't pkay for the big orgs. I see many 2022s commited to big schools, its the kids on that next level down travel team hoping for a mid major school that are getting lost in the shuffle. :(

Jun 30, 2020
Care to share more to the gist of that?

Basically, they said they had talked with a couple of college coaches who said they expect that the dead period would be extended to July 1st because they can’t start recruiting until after the WCWS ends. That was pretty much the entire gist.

radness

Dec 13, 2019
Basically, they said they had talked with a couple of college coaches who said they expect that the dead period would be extended to July 1st because they can’t start recruiting until after the WCWS ends. That was pretty much the entire gist.
Hmmm? At this point that excuse actually makes the most sense of any of it 🙊🙉🙈

Apr 23, 2014
East Jabib

How does that help the overwhelming majority of D1 schools that don’t make it to the WCWS? Those schools that do make it have had kids on their radar for years anyway. The mid majors need to be able to get out and recruit ASAP. The travel season starts in early-mid June. Let these coaches see PSA’s in person.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

radness

Dec 13, 2019
How does that help the overwhelming majority of D1 schools that don’t make it to the WCWS? Those schools that do make it have had kids on their radar for years anyway. The mid majors need to be able to get out and recruit ASAP. The travel season starts in early-mid June. Let these coaches see PSA’s in person.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Hmmm?
Not to be snarky....
But do the mid-majors need to get out to recruit?
There are MANY athletes who have been reaching out.
Floods of live game streaming.
Excetra.
Plus their extended eligibility.

not so sure about it

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kyleighsdad