NCAA Dead Period Extended to July 31st

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Apr 28, 2014
Yes, the coaches can watch video streamed games. The question is, will they? My guess is probably not. I think you have better chance getting the coach to view a highlight video you send in an email contact after a game.
I think coaches would rather watch a real game with kids competing instead of a video clip of all of her great plays. That's why they come to games, they want to see it all.

Nov 5, 2014
I think coaches would rather watch a real game with kids competing instead of a video clip of all of her great plays. That's why they come to games, they want to see it all.
I agree 100%. So many things to see that no one would every send on a highlight clip. My DD is an outfielder we would only send a great catch or throw those opportunities don't happen every game. As a coach I want to know what she is doing on plays that she is not directly involved in, like a sacrifice bunt. Is she sprinting from LF to cover 3b/back up a potential throw or does she take 4 lazy steps in that direction assuming she won't be involved.

The big question for me is how much of what they normally look for when attending games will come across on the livestream.

May 16, 2016

In theory, I would agree. The reality of watching a single camera video stream is quite different. You cannot even read the numbers on the infielders, and the outfielders?

Random game I found on You Tube... Well, they said she normally plays 3rd base, but sometimes outfield... is that her at 3rd?, or is she in the outfield? Or is she on bench this inning?

1591219371937.png

May 27, 2013
Here’s a thought......have your players reach out to the schools they are interested in and ask what they’d like to see, or if they are 2022 or younger, have the travel coach reach out and ask. Ask if they prefer a skills video vs live game stream, or if they’d like both. The coach at DD’s future school (if admissions comes through) has asked for dd to send anything she can over the summer to keep track of how she’s doing since many schools won’t be able to do much traveling this year to showcases. Pitching/hitting lessons, game action, live streams, etc have been requested. She and the coach, as well as the pitching coach at the college, communicate almost weekly just to check in with each other via email and Zoom. She also updates them with non-softball stuff such as grades, test scores, classes she’s taking this summer, etc.

All recruits should be very active with their recruiting process, especially now, since coaches are at home and they know most players are, as well. I‘m pretty certain that they’d love to see anything the player could send. 😊

Jul 9, 2016
Times are changing for sure. There is no better time for watching a team you want to follow. Thanks to a member of this forum Mr. Ben Jur.

His team is working on a new to us live game viewing as we speak.

Other Companies are comming out with multi camera views like Mevo.
3 cameras now?
One camera on pitcher. One on batter or 2 for righty lefty at bats.

Ben and his team are working on syncing Mevo with Gamechanger so live stream shows inning, S & O, Batter # , score, Team names, etc.

Also, going to be able to sync a Radar to show pitching speeds...Liv Stream

So in theory, being a fan of gamechanger and one of the live stream teams, you will know who is on the field and have stats live.

Should be interesting moving forward.

Apr 28, 2014
In theory, I would agree. The reality of watching a single camera video stream is quite different. You cannot even read the numbers on the infielders, and the outfielders?

Random game I found on You Tube... Well, they said she normally plays 3rd base, but sometimes outfield... is that her at 3rd?, or is she in the outfield? Or is she on bench this inning?

View attachment 18113
No doubt hard to see sometimes
But there is a reason coaches travel all over the country to watch games. If it didnt matter they wouldn't make the trip

Mar 20, 2019
Is there anything out there like Hudl for softball. I know they also do basketball and volleyball, so maybe they'd entertain adding softball? It's changed football recruiting, now kids and teams just up load there and coaches can find their videos all in one place and that's all it is no spam and crazy uncle Eddie videos in the suggestions like you tube. It's also mad the fan recruiting sites sweat since the vids are mostly publicly available.

Sent from my Moto Z3 Play using Tapatalk

Jan 7, 2013
Is there anything out there like Hudl for softball. I know they also do basketball and volleyball, so maybe they'd entertain adding softball? It's changed football recruiting, now kids and teams just up load there and coaches can find their videos all in one place and that's all it is no spam and crazy uncle Eddie videos in the suggestions like you tube. It's also mad the fan recruiting sites sweat since the vids are mostly publicly available.

Sent from my Moto Z3 Play using Tapatalk

AthletesGoLive.com

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

radness

Possibilities & Opportunities!
Dec 13, 2019
Here’s a thought......have your players reach out to the schools they are interested in and ask what they’d like to see, or if they are 2022 or younger, have the travel coach reach out and ask. Ask if they prefer a skills video vs live game stream, or if they’d like both. The coach at DD’s future school (if admissions comes through) has asked for dd to send anything she can over the summer to keep track of how she’s doing since many schools won’t be able to do much traveling this year to showcases. Pitching/hitting lessons, game action, live streams, etc have been requested. She and the coach, as well as the pitching coach at the college, communicate almost weekly just to check in with each other via email and Zoom. She also updates them with non-softball stuff such as grades, test scores, classes she’s taking this summer, etc.

All recruits should be very active with their recruiting process, especially now, since coaches are at home and they know most players are, as well. I‘m pretty certain that they’d love to see anything the player could send. 😊

To ADD
For individual players college coaches dont know who are interested in their program college coaches want short clips.
(Great for introducing yourself!)
Add to that,
If college coaches are already in communication with the player, live game feed should be discussed and offered, if available.
Which can also reach unknown players!!! However a college coach MAY NOT have the time to watch an entire game waiting for performance moments.
(remember other players they may need to watch may be playing at the same time in another game)

IF the tb coach has open communication with colleges, the tb coach should be communicating to them applying streaming games
& setting things up.
*Unfortunetly not all will have this scenario.

Remember 98% of connecting with colleges is the players role / responsibility!!!

Find out if the sb event your playing in has live feed...
Or coach will be...
Or you will be....
* Make the Connection with colleges, never assume!
* Always supply colleges with your team schedule, field # & time.
* Make it as easy as can be for college coaches to know you, and see your performance!
By doing the footwork for them!!

GO SOFTBALL !!

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rathouse