Dead Period Extended until 5/31/21 but....

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Nov 5, 2014
Can you confirm this? Last I heard season was going to be delayed.
Saw it on Twitter. Conference season and championships cancelled. Left open the possibility to play local games if conditions support it. I would link but my work network blocks twitter

Apr 28, 2014

No matter how you feel about Covid this was an lazy decision made to take the easy way out.

Working to put together safety protocols-Hard
Telling parents you can't come to games-Hard
Testing consistently and contact tracing-Hard
Setting up a bubble and forcing players to adhere-Hard

Walking away from a season was easy and saved money for schools sitting on billions of dollars in endowments. Disgraceful

Nov 5, 2014
No matter how you feel about Covid this was an lazy decision made to take the easy way out.

Walking away from a season was easy and saved money for schools sitting on billions of dollars in endowments. Disgraceful

Completely Agree.

If they had cancelled all of the trips to Fla, Cali, and other warm weather locales for early season games I could understand, but not having a conference season for these schools that are all drivable, all outdoor sports, and have natural distancing built into the sports is just ridiculous and unacceptable.

Selfishly with a DD committed to a school in the conference I am concerned for the long term impact on sports in the conference

Apr 9, 2020
Coaches have been saying they want to see some players play in-person. They have the video but for some, it’s not enough. This is more in regards to our position players vs pitchers. Plus, you just get a bigger picture of the player when you watch them in person. Can’t see how they act in the dugout or on the bench with video.
I think coaching and recruitment goes beyond the white lines ... there have stories myths of kids getting. or losing potential roster spots based on what a coach observed in the dugout , after the game win or lose, plus if your daughter is an outfielder I have yet to see a decent video from a backstop that captures outfield play. what I don't understand is why it only affects division 1. why is it allowed with d2,d3, and juco they all have a world series lol... it is difficult situation for all and as parent we always taught our kids hard work pays off.. tuff to help with that now... but I do agree kids who are not fortunate to secure a spot go to a school where they feel is good fit academically and walk on which will also force those with rosterspots to work harder as well...

the mid majors also use the clinics and camps to see potential athletes on a smaller scale and then circle them afterwards to follow during travel ball or school ball season . plus they help budget for travel and assistant coaches stipends.. now no camps again d1 only .. explain that ..

just wish everyone to stay the course and be healthy

Jun 8, 2016

Universities are somewhat restricted in how they can use the endowments based upon how the original donor specified on how the money is to be used. It isn't quite as simple as we have 2 billion dollars and the Athletic department needs a million this year so lets just give it to them. That said, if they had forseen money being an issue for the athletic department they could have specifically raised money for this purpose over the last year and probably made it happen.

Apr 20, 2018
SoCal
Cant wrap my head around MLB is starting up again. NFL had a full season. NBA no major problem (indoors). Certain States are open for HS sports. But College softball is no way, no how. It's all bullshit.
Universities are somewhat restricted in how they can use the endowments based upon how the original donor specified on how the money is to be used. It isn't quite as simple as we have 2 billion dollars and the Athletic department needs a million this year so lets just give it to them. That said, if they had forseen money being an issue they could have specifically raised money for this purpose over the last year and probably made it happen.
It should be!

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aclee4414