DD Swing Sequence - 8u

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 7, 2008
Tucson
Thanks for the white sox video. I am not familiar with them. Placement of the tee is so important and I still have people that want to argue with me, that it should sit on the plate. I will use this drill of moving it out even further, than I normally have it.

I am getting ready to post some stills that I took this morning.

Mar 14, 2011
Silicon Valley, CA
You couldn't be more right about the tee on the plate Amy. That can bring about so many bad mechanics.

The ball down the middle is still ideally hit off the front foot. The drill in the video is making an exception to this (not recommended as permanent setup for down the middle) to check if a player extends or rolls wrist early. If they do you will see them pull the ball and impart hook spin.

Oct 25, 2009
If you place the tee too far out front you will teach a kid to reach for the ball instead of letting it get in to the zone.

What they are doing in the video is working on extension, not point of contact.

May 1, 2011
Something we are preaching is to let the ball get deep on pitches that are down the middle or on the outer half. The hardest thing we are going to come across is getting her to recognize where the pitch is at, and to hit it that way. Kid has great pop to right center, but I don't want her to start waiting so much and then get jammed on inside pitches trying to go the other way. We're working hard. Keep reading all the feedback to her, and she is starting to see what a tool this site has become (mom I mean). Expect some video soon. Comments like "naturally, hit it like a pro" put smiles on momma's face. Thanks again folks. She wants to hit everyday it seems. Spent 2 hours at the field today just sweating away. 102 on the thermometer. Don't worry, we're drinking plenty of water.

Jun 17, 2009
Portland, OR
I think the video thing has more to do with us talking and people hearing names and stuff.

@Softballphreak - Frame 4 is after contact. Just wondering if that makes a difference?

If that's the issue ... and if you are interested ... then PM me the video (Youtube works well) and I create some GIFs that won't contain any sound. I'll send them back to you and you can decide whether or not you wish to post them.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WYOwiseguy