DD Swing Sequence - 8u

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 1, 2011
Again, I fully understand this isn't video. Still can't convince mom to let me put video on here. Pictures still ok though, so that's what I'm left with. There are two more to follow these first five (since 5 is apparently the magic number on here). As always, thoughts and opinions always welcome. We're learning a lot.

Attachments

• Swing Sequence 1.jpg
    Swing Sequence 1.jpg
    98.1 KB · Views: 49
  • Swing Sequence 2.jpg
    Swing Sequence 2.jpg
    96.2 KB · Views: 45
  • Swing Sequence 3.jpg
    Swing Sequence 3.jpg
    97.3 KB · Views: 46
  • Swing Sequence 4.jpg
    Swing Sequence 4.jpg
    98.3 KB · Views: 49
  • Swing Sequence 5.jpg
    Swing Sequence 5.jpg
    98.5 KB · Views: 40
May 1, 2011
Last two frames from this AB. This pitch was hit over the center fielder's head and rolled to the wall.

Attachments

• Swing Sequence 6.jpg
    Swing Sequence 6.jpg
    98 KB · Views: 27
  • Swing Sequence 7.jpg
    Swing Sequence 7.jpg
    97.7 KB · Views: 26
Oct 25, 2009
Love it! Another recent thread on here doubting a 10U can "get it" needs to see these images.

The only thing I didn't like is frame 4. She is reaching out too far. Disconnected. Let the ball get deeper. Practice off the tee with the ball inside the front foot, closer towards center of body. It won't feel as good but it will help her get used to letting the ball get in more.

Great job!!

May 7, 2008
Tucson
She looks great. I thought that the rear elbow was creeping in there, in frame 3. But, when you said what the results were, I wasn't concerned about it. She is doing great.

As a mom and grandma, I need to ask what the difference is between putting videos and still pics on the Internet? I am not criticizing your wife. But, my husband would have no idea, what I am posting on the Internet. Is there a difference?

May 1, 2011
I think the video thing has more to do with us talking and people hearing names and stuff.

@Softballphreak - Frame 4 is after contact. Just wondering if that makes a difference?

Mar 14, 2011
Silicon Valley, CA
Between frames 2 and 3 it would be interesting to see what is going on, but since the result was so good, there is probably a lot of good going on. She hits the ball out front a little far, a bit disconnected, but what's great is that even though she's out front on the pitch she still squares her bat to the ball.

Oct 25, 2009
I think the video thing has more to do with us talking and people hearing names and stuff.

@Softballphreak - Frame 4 is after contact. Just wondering if that makes a difference?

I considered that, but it's still too far out even at where I'm guessing contact was, based on the blurred ball. But I could be off. That's why video is better. It should be just inside the front foot for a middle pitch. A little deeper for outside. Inside should be more out front, but not that far.

Aug 4, 2008
Lexington,Ohio
Howard has a new camera that takes 420 frames a second, we found out that is even better than video. You can see things you don't see in a video. He is testing it in his clinic in Hi . It really shows you things like posted above so you don't have to guess.

Mar 14, 2011
Silicon Valley, CA
Relevant video: (possible she doesn't always hit this far out front but was a little ahead of this particular pitch, and then just naturally hit it like a pro)

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bookish