Help!!!!

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Aug 28, 2012
Haha!! Thanks! I think that is what we are going to do....hit hit hit!! She looked so good before all of this with no training..I just hope it comes back!!! :(

May 7, 2008
Tucson
Do you have some Total Control Balls for her? They are pricey, but are worth it. Just pitch those to her from the front and I bet that her swing comes back.

rdbass

It wasn't me.
Jun 5, 2010
Not here.
It's almost like "can you hear me now". Maybe post it on youtube and give us the link. If she turns 9 and still can't hit then she's done and time for soccer. I like to joke. Just, because she may not be hitting now, doesn't mean she won't hit tomorrow. Your worst than me if DD strucks out in a game I think she's done. Theres ups and downs in sports. Ebb and flow.

redhotcoach

Out on good behavior
May 8, 2009
Do you have some Total Control Balls for her? They are pricey, but are worth it. Just pitch those to her from the front and I bet that her swing comes back.

Good advice. My dd went to a 1 day d1 clinic last spring. They totally pumped "hit down on the bottom half of the ball to create backspin for extra distance." I watched her completely miss 50% of the balls front tossed to her. Next afternoon I said lets hit tcbs in the back yard. Told her forget about everything they said, clear your mind and just hit these puppies as far as you can. It fixed the swing instantly.

rdbass

It wasn't me.
Jun 5, 2010
Not here.
clear your mind and just hit these puppies as far as you can. How far do puppies go? Agree go out with TCB or 11'' softballs and go hit. Her old swing will come back.

Aug 28, 2012
<object><param name="allowfullscreen" value="true"></param><param name="movie" value="https://www.facebook.com/v/2850239289841"></param><embed src="https://www.facebook.com/v/2850239289841" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="1"></embed></object> Can you see it now? Changed privacy settings from facebook

Aug 28, 2012
Never heard of total control balls?! I will look them up now. Thanks guys!! I have never played softball, and I am not good at telling her technical things!! Haha!!

rdbass

It wasn't me.
Jun 5, 2010
Not here.
Your DD looks good for an 8yr old. Will be way ahead of other 8 yr olds and probably 9 yr olds. What I would do before you go and get a hitting coach educate yourself on the proper swing sequence. Check out the other post on this forum of another 8yr old started my newbucketdad. Also check out the hitting sticky at the top of Tech forum has all kinds of swing. It is never to late to learn the proper hitting seuence. Like I said educate yourself first, so you know if what the HC says is correct. I would read Megan1-Tee started by Immortal1 search it. This explains the proper sequence. You can take her to a HC and guess if what he/she said is the correct hitting sequence or you can educat yourself so you know what the proper hitting sequence is. Remember you have your DD the most not a HC. You also can read through this forum and pay attention to the different DD that are posted by their dads and moms see how their swing started, what problems they had,what the suggestions were, and how the swing looks now. Good luck. Don't be afraid to ask questions. First spend some time reading through alot of posts. Most of the answers are already there to the question you may ask.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Corrie00