Coronavirus

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Status
Not open for further replies.

John Robertson

The Voice
Feb 23, 2020
I’m surprised (more) travel hasn’t cancelled yet. Will soon, I’m thinking.
And if it doesn’t, we can’t go because we have immune deficiency issues in our household. No way I’m risking it.

so our team is down their #1 pitcher. And perhaps another family is like us.

Lots of teams won’t have a full roster.
Our family is just like yours we have 3kids with immune deficiency. Our daughter also pitches and does immune globulin treatments.

Feb 10, 2018
NoVA
LL for my younger DD and DS has been suspended until at least 6 April. We were just ramping up practices and getting the kids into shape for the start of the season later this month. Such a shame. Local schools are closing, which eliminates fields needed to practice on. No word yet on my older DD's travel season, but the lack of fields will affect our ability to practice as a team. Supposed to have an indoor tournament in PA on 3/22 and can no longer see that happening.

I feel especially bad for my DS who is in his last year of LL eligibility and may not continue playing ball after LL. It's terrible.

radness

Possibilities & Opportunities!
Dec 13, 2019
Any indoor training facilities close yet?
Speed and agility?
Private Instruction?
What State please

Oct 4, 2018
Any indoor training facilities close yet?
Speed and agility?
Private Instruction?
What State please

They should, IMHO.

Hot, crowded, indoor space with kids sweating and moving. It's a petri dish.

Outdoor practice with just kids and a coach or two? I can see that continuing.

Feb 3, 2011
Sacramento (USA Softball) is suspending play until at least April 1st. It's not a mandate, but a recommendation. Most local leagues will probably govern themselves accordingly, which will put them in line with the schools who've put spring sports on hold for now.

Nov 22, 2019
Minnesota, USA
Sacramento (USA Softball) is suspending play until at least April 1st. It's not a mandate, but a recommendation. Most local leagues will probably govern themselves accordingly, which will put them in line with the schools who've put spring sports on hold for now.

Fortunately, since we don't start league play until the first week of May in MN, they are holding off on any decisions.

Aug 1, 2019
Are tournaments are still ago tomorrow as of now they said they are taking everything in to account and taking measures to limit any outside contact .

May 22, 2015
Illinois
DD just called me crying when practice was over today. As of now school and any sports or activities are cancelled for at least 2 weeks. Apparently they are planning to do e learning. Sounds like a real pita with having 3 kids in school and one computer. She said the team decided that they will still get together and practice a few times a week, but coaches or school personnel cannot be present.
As of now there have been no positive cases in our immediate area.

Jan 22, 2011
As I said in another thread, DD's school has shutdown campus and athletics until April 20th. Basically all the schools in Silicon Valley are closed for the next 3-4 weeks. Her club has cancelled practices for the rest of March. Two rec leagues in my area have suspended the season until at least March 21st.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sarahjackson13