Compliance to the Alliance? $$$$

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Apr 20, 2018
SoCal
Jul 19, 2021
I dont know for sure but I believe all the teams are run under a non profit status. I know some orgs. that when/if you donate to them it count as a charitable contribution.
Firecrackers may have started out as a non-profit but like some others I have seen, have pivoted to being a for-profit corporation. You can see below their non-profit status has been revoked.

firecrackers.jpg

Jul 19, 2021
He works 3.5 hours a week?????
How about this:
THE PURPOSE OF THIS PROGRAM IS TO CREATE OPPORTUNITIES FOR UNDERPRIVILEGED YOUTHS THAT DEVELOP AND SHOWCASE THE BEST SOFTBALL TALENT IN SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA TO COLLEGE COACHES AND SCOUTS SEEKING TO SIGN PLAYERS TO ATHLETIC SCHOLARSHIPS.
200.gif

Apr 20, 2018
SoCal
"CREATE OPPORTUNITIES FOR UNDERPRIVILEGED YOUTHS"
I wonder how many or what percentage or their players are UNDERPRIVILEGED YOUTHS and they are sponsoring and paying for equipment, airfare, hotel and rental car expenses?

The average Socal BB teams monthly dues are about $235 and startups (uniforms and bags) is about $700ish. They do have a very nice indoor facility and I believe their players can do unlimited strength and agility. But if you don't live near the facility, Socal traffic might damper its usefulness.

Last edited:
Jul 19, 2021
"CREATE OPPORTUNITIES FOR UNDERPRIVILEGED YOUTHS"
I wonder how many or what percentage or their players are UNDERPRIVILEGED YOUTHS and they are sponsoring and paying for equipment, airfare, hotel and rental car expenses?
You want a good laugh? USSSA is a non-profit. Brings in over $21 million a year. Look at that CEO DONALD DEDONATIS salary over the years ............

Aug 6, 2013
The organization my daughter plays for is a 501(c)3 - Virginia Legends Fastpitch. It is not a large organization and the board does not draw a salary but we do pay for coach travel and expenses etc.

Jun 8, 2016
@TXJames44 , that just means that they will not have the stats for your team and (maybe??) you won't collect points for seeding (not sure if the game results are only drawn from AGL to award points). I believe if you play in a qualifier and win/place that will get you into the championship series regardless of whether you scored with AGL or not assuming, of course, you registered with the Alliance.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fpmithi